.JPG files turned to .vbs

Post by Nels Larso » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 02:25:25

When I access my remote computer with remote desktop all my pictures that are *.JPG have .vbs added to the file name (ie house.JPG turned to house.JPG.vbs).

Can anyone tell me why the file extension has changed and how do I change it back to view photos.

I have tried renaming and this does not work.

Thanks

.JPG files turned to .vbs

Post by Dana » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 06:11:56

I had the same. It's a bad virus....sorry.

  When I access my remote computer with remote desktop all my pictures that are *.JPG have .vbs added to the file name (ie house.JPG turned to house.JPG.vbs).

  Can anyone tell me why the file extension has changed and how do I change it back to view photos.

  I have tried renaming and this does not work.

  Thanks

.JPG files turned to .vbs

Post by MV » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 10:59:26

You have a virus...  Visit http://www.sarc.com for more details...

Jeffrey Randow
Windows XP Associate Expert / Windows XP MVP (Remote
Networking/Security)
Visit the Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Please post all responses to the newsgroups...

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:25:25 -0700, "Nels Larson"