Security permissions sending a fax

Post by Bill » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:26:26

This is driving me crazy. Please help.

When I go to "send a Fax", I get the following error message.

You have no submit security permissions.
The Fax Wizard will close.

I went into "Services" and under the log on tab, I selected my user name and
password so I could use the dialing rules.
Now it will not let me send a fax. I think this is the only way that it will
let me use the dialing rules.

I am on a domain
I am Administrator to the machine
I am running Windows XP Professional SP1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Security permissions sending a fax

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:35:16

Never change the logon for the XP Fax Service or you will disable it. You do
not need to change the logon in order to use dialing rules, even though the
Help files say you do. I've explained it all here:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm#better

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Quote:> This is driving me crazy. Please help.

> When I go to "send a Fax", I get the following error message.

> You have no submit security permissions.
> The Fax Wizard will close.

> I went into "Services" and under the log on tab, I selected my user name
and
> password so I could use the dialing rules.
> Now it will not let me send a fax. I think this is the only way that it
will
> let me use the dialing rules.

> I am on a domain
> I am Administrator to the machine
> I am running Windows XP Professional SP1

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thank you.

1. Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

message ' The fax printer cannot be accessed.'

I'm wanting to use the remote fax facility that supposedly
comes with Windows XP. I have 1 PC with a fax/modem
installed and the fax service and another test PC across
the LAN. It connects ok and reconises the remote fax using
the fax console but whenever I try and create or send a
fax to it from the test pc I get the above message. Note
also that I have given full access rights to everyone to
use the fax facility. I have also tried many other tests
with different PC's with the same results.

2. Can one VB ole dll call another?

3. Sharing Permissions VS Security Permissions

4. Recovery Previous NewsGroup Files

5. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

6. Ras between 2 NT Server --> internet

7. Fax Console cannot open fax sent

8. Discworld Noir - Will not run on XP

9. MS fax won't send fax in Windows XP

10. Cannot preview fax or view sent fax

11. Fax Send Problem, Fax Recieve No Problem

12. Can't send Fax from Fax Console

13. XP fax not sending faxes