Program crashing upon trying to attach or save

Program crashing upon trying to attach or save

Post by J. Jason Vodnansk » Thu, 22 May 2003 04:54:54

Anytime I try to save or attach a file to an e-mail, or to a location, upon
opening the pull-down menu located in the "Look in" dialog box where I can
browse to a location... (I hope you know what I mean)

My computer is freezing,*.  This happens in Outlook, and Word.  I
have not tried yet in other programs, but can say that if I try to browse to
a location and make any attempt at using the pulldown, that program
"appears" to hang, freeze, crash, you name it.

Ask me any question, I will get you the answer soon as I read the message.

Thanks
Jason

1. Windows XP - Installer starts upon trying to open certain programs

Dear Support Community,

Hope, someone can help with Windows (XP) Installer
quirks! Whenever I tried to open the Program "Deja Vu"
from "Atril", the Windows Installer wanted to
install "Dell Picture Perfect", which was already
installed on my computer. After clicking "Cancel" 3
times, Deja Vu finally opened and worked without a hitch -
until the next new open, when the Windows Installer
reared its head for  a re-installation of "Dell Picture"
again - and so forth...

I finally de-installed the Dell Picture Program - now the
Windows Installer is quiet, when I open "Deja Vu"... But
that's not all.

I just installed MS "Picture It!" yesterday. And voila -
when McAfee wanted to update itself a little while ago,
the Windows Installer reared its head again and wanted to
re-install the 2nd CD of "MS Picture It!" I let it have
its way, still wants to keep re-installing it,though...

How and where can I change Windows Installer, so it
doesn't want to install an unrelated program, when I try
to open certain programs?

Your help would be highly appreciated!

Brigitte Burkert-Hinojos
German Translator
1.505.382.3910 (Voice)
1.505.382.3911 (Fax)

2. Philips CDD 4801 CDR/RW troubles

3. Program Crashes Upon Running ".exe" File

4. IE 6 SP1 crashing

5. help--trying to remove program from start menu crashes NT

6. constanc disconnect from aol7.0

7. Can only Save images as *.bmp when trying to save from web??

8. FOrmatting w/ XP Pro

9. Hotmail Bulk Mail Service Unavailable Upon Trying to Move Message

10. Saving images in IE & Paint crash the program

11. programmes crashing when opening or saving

12. Every program tries to search for files or tries to read my floppy drive.

13. windows explorer closes when trying to attach e-mail picture