" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

Post by To » Fri, 24 Sep 2004 06:22:49

I have just recently used Windows Update to Update to SERVICE PACK 2.
After the 40 minutes it took to downloand and update I was asked to
restart my computer.

When I resarted my computer I received the following error message.  I
cannot boot into windows at all and when I click on "OK" to the error
box I just get a blank screen with my pointer with no desktop icons,
taskbar, or start button.

Here is the error I receive.

" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c
could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll "

This only happened after I updated to Service Pack 2.  I have done the
suggest fix on the Microsoft site that says to boot into the XP disk
and use the "r" utility to replace the file "Mscvrt.dll" and that did
not work either.

My computer doesn't work so I am checking this for a different one.
Thanks,

TOM

" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

Post by gijoe50 » Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:07:53

Give this a try

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324762

Quote:>I have just recently used Windows Update to Update to SERVICE PACK 2.
> After the 40 minutes it took to downloand and update I was asked to
> restart my computer.

> When I resarted my computer I received the following error message.  I
> cannot boot into windows at all and when I click on "OK" to the error
> box I just get a blank screen with my pointer with no desktop icons,
> taskbar, or start button.

> Here is the error I receive.

> " lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c
> could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll "

> This only happened after I updated to Service Pack 2.  I have done the
> suggest fix on the Microsoft site that says to boot into the XP disk
> and use the "r" utility to replace the file "Mscvrt.dll" and that did
> not work either.

> My computer doesn't work so I am checking this for a different one.
> Thanks,

> TOM

" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

Post by To » Wed, 29 Sep 2004 03:13:06

Thanks for the post.  I have also tried that fix from Microsoft and it
still isnt' working.  When I try to re-instate the msvcrt.dll  by
using DOS commands and expanding that file it says that it was
successful.  Then when I shutdown and restart I am still getting the
same error box on load up.

I cannot even log into "Safe Mode" because that gets the same error as
well.

I really cannot do too much besides running the XP disk and choosing
"r" repair.

Any other help would be appreicated.  I am currently working with
Microsoft as well but they are really no help and are not even reading
my replies.

Tom

> Give this a try

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324762

1. System Restoration Prompts Error " rstrui.exe Entry point not Found"

When ever I try to manualy create system restore point I
get a error message as follows. I have Windows Xp home on
my machine installed.

rstrui.exe - Entry point not found
The procedure entry point remote Assistance Prepare System
Restore could not be located in the dynamic link libray
WINSTA.dll

I need answer for this problem urgently.

2. Pocket PowerPoint question

3. LSASS.EXE; SERVICES.EXE - Entry Point Not Found

4. Windows Trial Version

5. lsass.exe; services.exe - ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND

6. Cold Fusion Express won't work with apache after install

7. "Entry point not found"

8. Capturing Printer ports for DOS applications in a NT4.0 enviroment

9. "The procedure entry point SUnMapLS_IP_EBP_16..."

10. "Entry Point Not Found"

11. "Entry Point Not Found" Error Message

12. What is, " .....Entry Point Not Found?"

13. Startup error "The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPassords ..."