"Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

"Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

Post by Jeffre » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 15:19:53

When I go to the Add/Remove programs control pannel
applet to uninstall a software program, but it won't let
me uninstall. When I click on the software "Microsoft
itouch v.2.2 keyboard software", the "Change/Remove"
button is not displayed. After I checked several other
entries on the Add/Remove list, I found that almost all
software listed does not provide me with
the "Change/Remove" button, and hence, I am unable to
uninstall anything from the Control Pannel. I am the
admimistrator with full power on my machine, and I was
able to uninstall through the control pannel before. How
do I get the "Change/Remove" button to be displayed?

"Change/Remove" button does not display in "Add/Remove" Programs

If you deleted the "install logs" for the programs you installed, then the Add/Remove Programs applet has no way of knowing the location of the files\registry entries to uninstall.  You will need to reinstall the programs to create an "install log".

Post by Sharon » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 01:48:36

> When I go to the Add/Remove programs control pannel
> applet to uninstall a software program, but it won't let
> me uninstall. When I click on the software "Microsoft
> itouch v.2.2 keyboard software", the "Change/Remove"
> button is not displayed. After I checked several other
> entries on the Add/Remove list, I found that almost all
> software listed does not provide me with
> the "Change/Remove" button, and hence, I am unable to
> uninstall anything from the Control Pannel. I am the
> admimistrator with full power on my machine, and I was
> able to uninstall through the control pannel before. How
> do I get the "Change/Remove" button to be displayed?

Log on with an account in the Administrator group to use Add/Remove
Programs.

--
Sharon F
Microsoft MVP, Windows - Shell/User

1. No "Change/Remove" button on "Add/Remove Software"

When I go to the Add/Remove programs control pannel
applet to uninstall a software program, but it won't let
me uninstall. When I click on the software "Microsoft
itouch v.2.2 keyboard software", the "Change/Remove"
button is not displayed. After I checked several other
entries on the Add/Remove list, I found that almost all
software listed does not provide me with
the "Change/Remove" button, and hence, I am unable to
uninstall anything from the Control Pannel. I am the
admimistrator with full power on my machine, and I was
able to uninstall through the control pannel before. How
do I get the "Change/Remove" button to be displayed?

2. Windoes 95: How to change my screensaver

3. How to remove the programs that cannot be removed by "add/remove program" options

4. Is it illegal to do this?

5. "My Documents" folder & "Add/Remove Programs" missing!

6. Printing Probs

7. How to Remove Ghost Programs from the "Add or Remove Programs" List

8. Getting a server and client to run on a local pc network

9. IE not displayed in "Add/Remove Programs" listings

10. "Add/Remove Windows components" give "Copy Error"

11. "value creation failed " at line 472".in add Remove Programs ?!

12. Unable to remove program with "Add/Remove" option

13. How to remove invalid items in Control Panel's "Add or Remove Programs"