PROBLEM: MS-DOS Boot Disk?

PROBLEM: MS-DOS Boot Disk?

Post by Collee » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:45:00



Hello,

I've installed Norton Ghost 2003 and I'm trying to create a boot disk so I
can copy the data from one disk to another. I tried using DR-DOS...it didn't
work. The program says that I need to create a disk in WIN 95/98! I don't
have either of those OSes. If that's the case how can Microsoft let Symantec
put "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP" on the box?

I'm very frustrated, my old drive is giving me errors saying that it is
operating outide of normal specifications. If my drive fails before I can
copy to the new disk...

TIA

 
 
 

PROBLEM: MS-DOS Boot Disk?

Post by Collee » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:54:25


If someone sends me a .zip file with the contents of a WIN 95/98 Boot Disk
in it...will it work if I copy the contents to a floppy?

TIA,

Colleen

Quote:> Hello,

> I've installed Norton Ghost 2003 and I'm trying to create a boot disk so I
> can copy the data from one disk to another. I tried using DR-DOS...it
didn't
> work. The program says that I need to create a disk in WIN 95/98! I don't
> have either of those OSes. If that's the case how can Microsoft let
Symantec
> put "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP" on the box?

> I'm very frustrated, my old drive is giving me errors saying that it is
> operating outide of normal specifications. If my drive fails before I can
> copy to the new disk...

> TIA


 
 
 

PROBLEM: MS-DOS Boot Disk?

Post by HillBillyBuddhis » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:24:43


WWW.BOOTDISK.COM Has boot disks for all the different versions.

d


Quote:> Hello,

> I've installed Norton Ghost 2003 and I'm trying to create a boot disk so I
> can copy the data from one disk to another. I tried using DR-DOS...it
didn't
> work. The program says that I need to create a disk in WIN 95/98! I don't
> have either of those OSes. If that's the case how can Microsoft let
Symantec
> put "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP" on the box?

> I'm very frustrated, my old drive is giving me errors saying that it is
> operating outide of normal specifications. If my drive fails before I can
> copy to the new disk...

> TIA

 
 
 

PROBLEM: MS-DOS Boot Disk?

Post by Collee » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:33:49


Thx HBB.

Now my other problem is when Ghost starts in DOS the app screen flashes for
a second and an error message shows for a split-second...something about a
Harddrive Driver??? The drive works under WIN XP, I copied files from and to
it.

Any thoughts?

C.


> WWW.BOOTDISK.COM Has boot disks for all the different versions.

> d



> > Hello,

> > I've installed Norton Ghost 2003 and I'm trying to create a boot disk so
I
> > can copy the data from one disk to another. I tried using DR-DOS...it
> didn't
> > work. The program says that I need to create a disk in WIN 95/98! I
don't
> > have either of those OSes. If that's the case how can Microsoft let
> Symantec
> > put "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP" on the box?

> > I'm very frustrated, my old drive is giving me errors saying that it is
> > operating outide of normal specifications. If my drive fails before I
can
> > copy to the new disk...

> > TIA

 
 
 

PROBLEM: MS-DOS Boot Disk?

Post by tokyosk » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:09:53


Colleen wrote

> Thx HBB.

> Now my other problem is when Ghost starts in DOS the app screen flashes for
> a second and an error message shows for a split-second...something about a
> Harddrive Driver??? The drive works under WIN XP, I copied files from and to
> it.

> Any thoughts?

> C.



>>WWW.BOOTDISK.COM Has boot disks for all the different versions.

>>d



>>>Hello,

>>>I've installed Norton Ghost 2003 and I'm trying to create a boot disk so

> I

>>>can copy the data from one disk to another. I tried using DR-DOS...it

>>didn't

>>>work. The program says that I need to create a disk in WIN 95/98! I

> don't

>>>have either of those OSes. If that's the case how can Microsoft let

>>Symantec

>>>put "Designed for Microsoft Windows XP" on the box?

>>>I'm very frustrated, my old drive is giving me errors saying that it is
>>>operating outide of normal specifications. If my drive fails before I

> can

>>>copy to the new disk...

>>>TIA

Try going to the symantec site for support it seems to me your missing
something somewhere

--
Tokyosky  ------------------------------------
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
British Statesman, Prime Minister, Author

 
 
 

1. Create MS-DOS 6 boot disk from old CD-ROM disk backup?

I have a CD-ROM that contains all the files from an old computer that ran
MS-DOS 6.  How do I create a MS-DOS 6 boot floppy disk from the files on the
CD-ROM?  I no longer have any of my old DOS boot floppies.  When I try to
create a DOS 6 boot floppy on my Win95 system by using the MS-DOS 6 FORMAT.COM
from the CD-ROM, I get the message "Incorrect DOS version".  What should I do?

-----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==----------
http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own    

2. Loss of Disk Space

3. MS-DOS boot disk and debug.exe

4. Can only run Netscape in Greek!

5. Formating a Zip disk as ms-dos boot

6. Search Results scrolls too slowly

7. MS-DOS Startup Disk does not boot to DOS

8. wmp cant access the net

9. Cannot boot from MS-DOS floppy disk in Win XP Pro

10. Windows XP MS-DOS Boot Disk Doesn't Work...HELP!

11. XP and MS-DOS boot disks

12. MS-DOS Client boot disk

13. Disk IO error on boot from xp cd or boot disk?