Computer freeze

Post by Bob Foste » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 13:07:10

I get the following error message when playing AVP2, UT and Serious Sam 2
demo, "device\harddisk2\dr2"

Any ideas on what this means and or a fix for this ?

AMD1900+
IWILL M.B. model KA266-R
1 Gig DDR Ram
Audigy Gamer Card
PNY Geforce 3 Ti200

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. XP-Computer freezes when trying to access other computers

Greetings,

I have a rather strange problem; just installed my new PC today (a PIV 1.9
Ghz) and connected it to my home-Lan. This Lan consists of a combined
router/switch and to this switch are 3 computers connected (including the
new one). The other two computers use XP Prof and WinME.
My network between the 'old' computers is operating fine, but I can't seem
to get the new computer to function on the network.... internetting is fine
(through the router/switch), but when I try to view the other computers on
the network, the XP-explorer (or for that matter, any other program that is
trying to acces the other computer) freezes up......
The strange thing is that when it has frozen up, I can still access the
shares on my new computer from my 'old' computer....

I have almost nothing installed on the new computer yet and have updated it
with all the latest drivers. The NIC is a 3Com....

Does anybody have any suggestions as how to solve this.... any previous
experiences with freezing computers due to not functioning networks will be
appreciated too.

TIA,

Moe

2. File transfer from Windows 95

3. computer frozen

4. MS telnet display problems

5. computer freeze

6. Lousy sound/Quadra & Spigot & Premiere

7. computer freezes

8. bouquin

9. Computer freezes when trying to play midi files

10. Computer freezes when try to open a WMV file on the internet