CD-CDRW

Post by ShadowKnygh » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:16:55

I have the same problem:

the suggestion has been that some older burning software
has left registry keys in place that don't work with XP
see: www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.htm

I have yet to try to fix.

Have you had any luck?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Previously both my DVD/CD rom and CDRW worked. Now they
>won't read any CD or work with the burner. XP states they
>are operating properly. When I try to burn it fails and
>states SCSI failed. I have tried them both in another
>system and they operate.  Can anyone help me?  Is there a
>way for XP to recognize their drivers?
>.

1. CD/CDRW Drive Not Reading CD's

My computer is a Hewlett Packard, Windows XP about 16
months old and runs great. Only problem, about 4 months
ago it just stopped reading the CD's. For example, In "My
Computer" it simply notes the drive as being empty, as if
I don't have a CD in there. If I need to run a program
from CD, it'll say "insert into drive" when the CD is
already there. Even when I click on it there's no track
listing. I have tried various types of media, old CD's,
new CD's, blank CDR, burned CDR. Is this a problem that
needs to be sent to a tech?

2. Can you clear a username from login box?

3. CD-CDRW PLEASE HELP

4. Help wanted !!

5. CD,CDRW,Floppy

6. xlisp 21g for windows ce

7. CD/CDRW Problem

8. Word 7.0 printing textbox on picture

9. Missing CD/CDRW Solution

10. Fixes didn't work for CD CDRW Drives

11. THE ANSWER TO YOUR CD, CDRW, DVD PROBLEMS WITH XP

12. External CD/CDRW drive not recognised

13. Any conflicts with XP and cd/cdrw drives?