coverting volume licence copy to legit copy?

coverting volume licence copy to legit copy?

Post by tarquinlinbi » Sat, 17 May 2003 20:38:13

Hello
,i have a pirate volume licence copy of xp pro on my pc ,the one with
the product key which has update blocked.

I have flogged myslef for 6 hours solid with a rice flail as penance
for piracy and would now like to convert this dodgy installtion to a
legit copy without having to start afresh and reload gigabytes of
stuff onto a newly formatted drive.

What are my options?

ta

jo

coverting volume licence copy to legit copy?

Post by Mike Brannigan [MSFT » Sat, 17 May 2003 21:07:29

The information you require in contained in
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326904
--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions.
Please use these newsgroups

Quote:> Hello
> ,i have a pirate volume licence copy of xp pro on my pc ,the one with
> the product key which has update blocked.

> I have flogged myslef for 6 hours solid with a rice flail as penance
> for piracy and would now like to convert this dodgy installtion to a
> legit copy without having to start afresh and reload gigabytes of
> stuff onto a newly formatted drive.

> What are my options?

> ta

> jo

coverting volume licence copy to legit copy?

Post by tarquinlinbi » Sat, 17 May 2003 21:10:10

Quote:>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810892&FR=1&P...

Hmm ive read this article but the activate windows option isnt on my
menu as detailed below..

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to
System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.

Post by David Cand » Sat, 17 May 2003 21:17:41

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328874&FR=1&P...

--
http://www.g2mil.com/Apr2003.htm
http://www.sharpword.com/fascism.htm

> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810892&FR=1&P...

> Hmm ive read this article but the activate windows option isnt on my
> menu as detailed below..

> Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to
> System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.

coverting volume licence copy to legit copy?

Post by Len Sega » Sat, 17 May 2003 21:35:54

Buy a legitimate copy and do a Repair Install with it. That will allow you
to install the bits appropriate for a Retail copy vs. the Volume Licensing
copy you have installed. At the end of installation it will give you the
opportunity to Activate with a legitimate Product Key.

--

Regards,
Len Segal, MCP

Quote:> Hello
> ,i have a pirate volume licence copy of xp pro on my pc ,the one with
> the product key which has update blocked.

> I have flogged myslef for 6 hours solid with a rice flail as penance
> for piracy and would now like to convert this dodgy installtion to a
> legit copy without having to start afresh and reload gigabytes of
> stuff onto a newly formatted drive.

> What are my options?

> ta

> jo

---

coverting volume licence copy to legit copy?

Post by Jupiter Jones [MVP » Sun, 18 May 2003 01:17:21

Purchase Windows XP Pro (Home will not work.)
You need the full version unless you have qualifying media (Windows
95, 98, ME etc)
Then perform a Repair Installation:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm
Data should be safe, back-up important data just in case.

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

Quote:> Hello
> ,i have a pirate volume licence copy of xp pro on my pc ,the one
with
> the product key which has update blocked.

> I have flogged myslef for 6 hours solid with a rice flail as penance
> for piracy and would now like to convert this dodgy installtion to a
> legit copy without having to start afresh and reload gigabytes of
> stuff onto a newly formatted drive.

> What are my options?

> ta

> jo

1. copies,copies,copies! Help!

My husband has all these .3ds files in "my docs" and I
was trying to move them into 1 file, everytime I move one
the computer automatically makes a copy of it in "my
docs". I keep deleting and it keeps making copies. So now
I have like 1000 files that say "copy(2) of
blabla", "copy of copy of blabla", "copy(17) of blabla".
Please help, how do I get rid of them. They are taking up
a lot of space on hard drive.
Thanks, Nina

2. Client Services for NetWare

3. Legit Licensing Question (sorry to start yet another license thread)

4. Verifying DMI Pool Data

5. Help Please - Office 97 - Strange Behaviour

6. SP1 update dont work due to non-legit copy of xp

7. Error message: invalid operation - contact system administrator

8. How to copy protected volume together with EWF volume to another disk?

9. Unknown error trying to Copy from CD (copy music)

10. Copy to CD, all but copies

11. WMP9: Copy Music button in Copy from CD is mysteriously grayed out!

12. Can not copy title tracks when copying to blank cd