"My Computer", "Control Panel", and "Trash Bin" error.

"My Computer", "Control Panel", and "Trash Bin" error.

Post by Ryan » Thu, 23 May 2002 06:57:28

Whenever I try to open either "My Computer", "Control
Panel", or "Trash Bin"  I get a pop up error
saying, "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and
needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.".
Than if I try to open one of the 3 listed again, it opens
just fine.  But if I wait long enough to try and open it
again...it will give me the same error.  Its a really
annoying error it will give me the little pop up
error...than asks me to "Send Error Report" or "Don't
Send".  Than after I click one of the two it flashes an
old background image and acts like its loading my new
background again.  Its weird.  Any help would be
appreciated...please send any replys to

Thanks,
Ryan

Post by Computer G.. » Thu, 23 May 2002 08:00:13

>Whenever I try to open either "My Computer", "Control
>Panel", or "Trash Bin"  I get a pop up error
>saying, "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and
>needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.".
>Than if I try to open one of the 3 listed again, it opens
>just fine.  But if I wait long enough to try and open it
>again...it will give me the same error.  Its a really
>annoying error it will give me the little pop up
>error...than asks me to "Send Error Report" or "Don't
>Send".  Than after I click one of the two it flashes an
>old background image and acts like its loading my new
>background again.  Its weird.  Any help would be
>appreciated...please send any replys to

>Thanks,
>Ryan

Weird, for sure, also a BUG for sure. Microsoft is currently in head
in sand mode. Bugs? What bugs, those are "features"...

1. can't access "windows explorer" , "my computer", "control panel"

I have been running WindowsXp for months. Downloaded
critical updated yesterday. and today I get error message
when trying to get "windows explorer" , "my
computer", "control panel"  Error says "Internet Explorer
has error"
I did system restore to yesterday but still get errors.
I can obviously get on the internet and send email.
Runnning Internet Explorer Version 6.0

2. mshearts.exe broken under xp

3. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

4. Heap Errors

5. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

6. Please help! Ie 6 browser closes

7. "My Computer", "Control Panel" etc...Keeps crashing

8. safe mode using Toshiba notebook w XP

9. wmp copy to cd """ error """

10. error opening "software" in "control panel"

11. "New Message", "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

12. subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

13. "My Documents" - using "search" and "Send to"