xp pro home/pro difference running dos based win 95 app

xp pro home/pro difference running dos based win 95 app

Post by bob » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 05:26:26

A friend is trying to run a dos based program-javelin plus
3- on xp home using the win 95 compatability tab.
It wont go.
On my xp pro it works fine-anybody have any ideas?

xp pro home/pro difference running dos based win 95 app

Post by David Angelovic » Wed, 05 Feb 2003 19:18:58

It could be a hardware problem. OR it could be caused by insufficient access privileges to a required file.
If it's the latter, you can check by going into Safe Mode, loggin in as an Administrator and  checking the access privileges for the
files required.

- David Angelovich

> A friend is trying to run a dos based program-javelin plus
> 3- on xp home using the win 95 compatability tab.
> It wont go.
> On my xp pro it works fine-anybody have any ideas?

1. XP Home based on Win ME but XP Pro based on NT ?

Hi,

I've been told that XP Home is based on Windows ME (and as such is not
very good), whereas XP Pro is based on Windows NT and is much better
in terms of stability etc.

However, I was under the impression that XP Home was just a cut down
version of XP Pro with less features. I also assumed that it was a bit
of an attempt by Microsoft to position each prodcut in the market.

Anybody got any comments on this?

2. Problem with Windows Sockets API

3. XP PRO vs XP HOME --- XP PRO ING vs- XP PRO ESP

4. OE 6 Address Book problem

5. win 95 98 98se to win xp home - pro networking solution

6. On slice of MPEG ..

7. win 95 98 98se to win xp ( home - pro) networking solution

8. Help with repairing files please!

9. XP Pro, XP Home and Win 95 Networking issues

10. Moving Files from a win 95 based pc to pc running win XP

11. Running DOS app in XP Pro - receive "Out of Environment Space" for some functions

12. Working with DOS Based Programs in WIN XP Pro

13. Want to run a DOS app in XP Pro