AGP 2x/4x versus AGP 1x/2x

Post by Donald McDanie » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:33:53

I am considering buying a new ATI All-In-Wonder video card.  It is AGP 2x/4x.
Will i be able to use this on my computer which is AGP 1x/2x by setting the AGP bus speed to 2/x?

Needing this info as soon as possible, as i am going out this morning to purchase the card...

--
Donald McDaniel
*** Please post all replies to the Newsgroup ***

---

AGP 2x/4x versus AGP 1x/2x

Post by UKCrea » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:50:24

YES! AGP is backward compatible

I am considering buying a new ATI All-In-Wonder video card.  It is AGP
2x/4x.
Will i be able to use this on my computer which is AGP 1x/2x by setting the
AGP bus speed to 2/x?

Needing this info as soon as possible, as i am going out this morning to
purchase the card...

--
Donald McDaniel
*** Please post all replies to the Newsgroup ***

---

AGP 2x/4x versus AGP 1x/2x

Post by Donald McDanie » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:25:13

Well, i bought the ATI Radeon 7500 All in Wonder, even tho the salesman confused me with talk of ATI cards and voltage issures.  Another salesman told me i would have no problems.
Installation was simple, tho the ATI driver installation scared the death out of me.
I was unable to change resolutions until i rebooted. Each time i attempted to save my new settings, i got a message stating that i did not have proper Administrative priveleges.  It seems that the ATI driver installation did not finish till i rebooted..However, the installation program gave me no warning that i had to reboot. It just disappeared and left me at  640x720, with 8bit color.  All is well now.

--
Donald McDaniel
*** Please post all replies to the Newsgroup ***

I am considering buying a new ATI All-In-Wonder video card.  It is AGP 2x/4x.
Will i be able to use this on my computer which is AGP 1x/2x by setting the AGP bus speed to 2/x?

Needing this info as soon as possible, as i am going out this morning to purchase the card...

--
Donald McDaniel
*** Please post all replies to the Newsgroup ***

---

1. AGP 1x/2x versus AGP 2x/4x

I am considering buying a new ATI All-In-Wonder video card.  It is AGP 2x/4x.
Will i be able to use this on my computer which is AGP 1x/2x by setting the AGP bus speed to 2/x?

Needing this info as soon as possible, as i am going out this morning to purchase the card...

--
Donald McDaniel
*** Please post all replies to the Newsgroup ***

---

2. Toshiba P351 driver for windows

3. How do I change from AGP 2X to AGP 4X

4. win2000 remote access

5. AGP 4X - Motherboard MSI 694D Pro Dual Processor has AGP 2X?

6. How can I check to see if XP cd is damaged?

7. Only difference with 1X, 2X, 4X CD-R's is write time????

8. aspi that really works...

9. AGP 4x to AGP 8x

10. Re ATI RAGE P/M Mobility AGP 2X on W2K

11. Looking for XP Pro Driver for "S3Trio3D/2X AGP"

12. Generic AGP Video Card with S3 Trio 3D/2X chip

13. Motherboard MSI 694D Pro Dual Processor has AGP 2X?