system - file

Post by Bürger Mart » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:17:09

I dont know why, but when I restarted my computer, windowsxp prof.  said
that the file windows/system32/config/system was missing or corruted...
Is there a chance to solve this problem, cause when I replaced that file
with the system.sav in the same folder, next booting windows showed the
installation screen.

Martin

system - file

Post by Gary Thorn [MVP-WinXP » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 21:03:17

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I dont know why, but when I restarted my computer,

windowsxp prof.  said

Quote:>that the file windows/system32/config/system was missing
or corruted...
>Is there a chance to solve this problem, cause when I
replaced that file
>with the system.sav in the same folder, next booting
windows showed the
>installation screen.

>Martin
>.

See the following MS articles for info and fix:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?
scid=kb;en-us;Q307545

http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?
scid=kb;en-us;Q315233

Hope this helps!

Gary Thorn
MVP-WinXP
Associate Expert

More info about the Windows XP Expert Zone:
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

More info about the MS MVP Program:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/

system - file

Post by Bürger Mart » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 19:38:48

thx!!!

1. System File Checker fails to run & CHKDSK won't run after system boot

I can't run SFC (System File Checker) as the following error results:

   Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system
files.
The specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable].

        Secondary to this I cannot get CHKDSK to run after system boot when
it has been flagged to do so. The boot process just carries on as if the
CHKDSK function was never scheduled.
        Finally, I tried to use Partition Magic Boot Disk to check & repair
file & disk errors but it comes up with the following errors which it
cannot fix:

                        Bad System File Name            File 9(48)
                        Bad System File Name            File 11(48)

I've done extensive searches on the MS website plus other Windows related
support sites. The only link I can find is:

        Windows File Protection May Not Start (Q296241)

        http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q296241

I don't know if this would do any good because it applies to a Windows 2000
based system. I tried it anyway but there was no change in SFC or the
ability of CHKDSK to run at system boot.

Anyone have any ideas??

alfa

2. XPE SP1 gives CMI Error 0x800a01c9 during dependency auto-resolve

3. Dos system/win95 system file sharing

4. response to upgrading C:

5. How to restore the system files for Win95 if System.dat is corrupted

6. NO SPEECH REGOGNITION

7. Windows File Protection / System File Checker

8. deactivation XP? Can you resell after uninstall?

9. missing system files including exe files

10. MP3 files have become system files

11. Keeping data files separate from system files

12. What files do I need to back up for the registry and key system files?

13. Trying to create a batch file to backup system files