can't install deskjet 842C with XP

Post by Richard Lyo » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:34:50

I just purchased a new Compaq Prosario with XP. I have
been unable to install my deskjet 842C printer. I have
tried both the driver included with XP and an XP driver I
downloaded from HP web site. With both drivers I get the
error msg that the installation wizard failed. The printer
does not appear in device manager.

can't install deskjet 842C with XP

Post by David Denmar » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 05:54:46

Are you using the parallel connection or USB connection? If it is USB, have you tried unplugging it
from the computer and reconnecting it (while the printer is on)? XP should automatically detect and
install this printer.

Check out the site below for the latest XP drivers and info from HP:
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd09004.html

--
David Denmark, MCSE+I, MCDBA
Associate Expert

| I just purchased a new Compaq Prosario with XP. I have
| been unable to install my deskjet 842C printer. I have
| tried both the driver included with XP and an XP driver I
| downloaded from HP web site. With both drivers I get the
| error msg that the installation wizard failed. The printer
| does not appear in device manager.

can't install deskjet 842C with XP

Post by Richard Lyo » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:58:45

Thanks for the response. I am using a parallel cable. I
read the HP document when I downloaded their driver and
attempted to follow their instructions. It does not seem
to work. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Are you using the parallel connection or USB connection?

If it is USB, have you tried unplugging it
Quote:>from the computer and reconnecting it (while the printer

is on)? XP should automatically detect and
>install this printer.

>Check out the site below for the latest XP drivers and
info from HP:
>http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd09004
.html

>--
>David Denmark, MCSE+I, MCDBA
>Associate Expert

>| I just purchased a new Compaq Prosario with XP. I have
>| been unable to install my deskjet 842C printer. I have
>| tried both the driver included with XP and an XP driver
>| downloaded from HP web site. With both drivers I get the
>| error msg that the installation wizard failed. The
printer
>| does not appear in device manager.

>.

can't install deskjet 842C with XP

Post by David Denmar » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:30:05

Did XP try and detect what kind of printer you have?

--
David Denmark, MCSE+I, MCDBA
Associate Expert

| Thanks for the response. I am using a parallel cable. I
| read the HP document when I downloaded their driver and
| attempted to follow their instructions. It does not seem
| to work. Any other suggestions?
| Thanks

Post by Richard Lyo » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:26:35

Yes it did. It found it. It identified it correctly but
could not install it.

Post by Daniel Cheun » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:18:12

I have the same problem with my deskjet 692c and XP always prompts me for a
file called, HPVDJ50.INI. that I don't where it is.

> Yes it did. It found it. It identified it correctly but
> could not install it.

Post by » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:41:36

my deskjet 692c is running without any problems

--

I have the same problem with my deskjet 692c and XP always prompts me for a
file called, HPVDJ50.INI. that I don't where it is.

> Yes it did. It found it. It identified it correctly but
> could not install it.

Post by » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:48:18

mine shows
X:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3

--

I have the same problem with my deskjet 692c and XP always prompts me for a
file called, HPVDJ50.INI. that I don't where it is.

> Yes it did. It found it. It identified it correctly but
> could not install it.

Post by Cheryl Morschause » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 02:59:00

I am getting a similar error. Everytime I try to hot-plug
the printer it attempts to install it (installs the
scanner just fine - I have a HP PSC 950) and them comes up
with installation failed and the error of: "the data is
invalid." This is driving me crazy. I have a Prosario also.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I just purchased a new Compaq Prosario with XP. I have
>been unable to install my deskjet 842C printer. I have
>tried both the driver included with XP and an XP driver I
>downloaded from HP web site. With both drivers I get the
>error msg that the installation wizard failed. The
printer
>does not appear in device manager.
>.

1. XP and DeskJet 842C?

Hello....I have a new HP computer (750n) and I just tried
to hook up my old HP printer DeskJet 842c.  I got a
message in the software installation box that my printer
had not passed the Windows logo compatibility test and
that it recommended that I cancel the install or I'd have
system problems.  I went to the windows update site and
didn't find any drivers...the HP site had a customer
service area and I left a question there.  Is it safe to
install this or will it really mess up my system?
Thanks!!

2. game crash !!!!

3. updating drivers for HP DeskJet 842C Printer

4. Microsoft Class Installer

5. HP Deskjet 842C margin problem

6. Links in Continuous Media

7. adding HP Deskjet 842C printer

8. Config.sys

9. HP DeskJet 842C Printer Icon

10. hp deskjet 940c won't work after installing Xp on Dell 8100

11. Can't Install HP deskjet 3320

12. Can't install an HP Deskjet 712C

13. HP Deskjet 870Cse won't install