All downloads go Automatically to temp internet files folder!?

All downloads go Automatically to temp internet files folder!?

Post by Dave Penfol » Thu, 22 May 2003 05:09:35

Hi, I would like to consider myself a fairly experienced
user, however I'm stuck. All of a sudden when I click on
a file to download I no longer get the option to save to
a specific location, it just starts downloading to my
tempory internet folder and then pops up in a new window
when completed? I do not have a virus and have reset all
my Internet Explorer security settings etc, but still no
disco? Someone please help b4 I format my HD :-(
Instead of a download progress/save file to pop up thingy
I just get a little icon in the bottom left hand corner
that says 'downloading'?

All downloads go Automatically to temp internet files folder!?

Post by GranSalsero » Thu, 22 May 2003 06:24:26

IE/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced Tab/look for stuff
related to downloading.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi, I would like to consider myself a fairly experienced
>user, however I'm stuck. All of a sudden when I click on
>a file to download I no longer get the option to save to
>a specific location, it just starts downloading to my
>tempory internet folder and then pops up in a new window
>when completed? I do not have a virus and have reset all
>my Internet Explorer security settings etc, but still no
>disco? Someone please help b4 I format my HD :-(
>Instead of a download progress/save file to pop up thingy
>I just get a little icon in the bottom left hand corner
>that says 'downloading'?
>.

All downloads go Automatically to temp internet files folder!?

Post by dave penfol » Thu, 22 May 2003 06:29:04

Tried that, thanks anyway.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----