Remote Access Connection Manager - access denied

Remote Access Connection Manager - access denied

Post by Chip Maynar » Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:45:40

I've got a LAN connection to the internet, and I've got a 56k modem
installed and configured that I'd like to use as a backup connection for
those times when I lose the cable connection.

I'm using XP Pro, logged in with Adminstrative privledges.

When I try to add a connection in the Internet Options/Connections window, I
get an error 711 message - which tells me I need to make sure the Plug &
Play, and Remote Access Connetion Manager services are running.

In the Services window, Plug & Play is started automatically, but the RACM
will not start.  When I attempt to start it I get Error 5, access denied.

Does anyone know how to get access to the RACM?

Thanks,
-Chip

Remote Access Connection Manager - access denied

Post by James » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 11:05:18

1. Right Click on My Computer
2. Click "Manager"
3. Expand the "Services and Applications" section
4. Click Services
5. In the right pane, scroll down until you see "Remote Access Connection
Manager".
6. Right click the service, then click start.

If you want this service to run automatically, you can open up the
properties and change the startup-type from manual to Automatic.

Let me know if that helps.

Quote:> I've got a LAN connection to the internet, and I've got a 56k modem
> installed and configured that I'd like to use as a backup connection for
> those times when I lose the cable connection.

> I'm using XP Pro, logged in with Adminstrative privledges.

> When I try to add a connection in the Internet Options/Connections window,
> get an error 711 message - which tells me I need to make sure the Plug &
> Play, and Remote Access Connetion Manager services are running.

> In the Services window, Plug & Play is started automatically, but the RACM
> will not start.  When I attempt to start it I get Error 5, access denied.

> Does anyone know how to get access to the RACM?

> Thanks,
> -Chip

1. remote access connection manager fails with access is denied

i recently upgraded my xp home with sp1 to xp pro, however every time
my computer starts, the event log shows "remote access connection
manager fails with  access is denied"  When I try to access the
internet using my modem I can't, my ISP icon no longer exist. When I
try to create one, I can't because I am not offeed the option to
create a connection using my modem

I can query the modem in diagnostic. I have also ensured that system
has full control on my temp directory.

Can anyone point out what I can do to fix this and I did install sp1
but that was done when i was using xp home

2. MediaVision Pro Audio Studio 16 with Windows 95

3. access denied to start Remote Access connection Manager

4. Afterburner for Director-windows 5.0

5. access denied remote access to Windows XP pro

6. System Suite 4.0

7. Remote-Access a Clients Registry, access denied problem

8. how can I get the windows media log file format

9. remote access to xp pro via isdn - access denied

10. Remote access authentication NT3.51 > Win95: 'access denied'

11. Really strange profile problem (access denied! access denied!)

12. Help: access denied while installing acrobat ALL over- Access denied to all users my documents

13. Access Denied - File not found or access denied