What's With the Advertising?

Post by Sande » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 10:02:47

Just since we switched to Windows XP we are getting unwanted advertising.
It is advertising from Microsoft and comes up as a window either while you
are in a site or when closing windows.  (trips, *s, etc).
Is this somehow associated with our upgrade to XP?  I don't remember getting
this junk before.  Can we get rid of it?  It is annoying.
Thanks.
Sandee

What's With the Advertising?

Post by John » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:08:45

Hi Sandee,
This is the same reply I gave to a similar question earlier this evening;
There is 101 free popup ad blockers available. Popup stopper, popup
blocker,popup killer, Sir pop a lot etc...
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/
I use AdShield www.adshield.org it may not have as many features as some
but, I love the drag and drop feature it has.
Good Luck!

Quote:> Just since we switched to Windows XP we are getting unwanted advertising.
> It is advertising from Microsoft and comes up as a window either while you
> are in a site or when closing windows.  (trips, *s, etc).
> Is this somehow associated with our upgrade to XP?  I don't remember
getting
> this junk before.  Can we get rid of it?  It is annoying.
> Thanks.
> Sandee

What's With the Advertising?

Post by hutc » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:11:29

try 'popup stopper' from 'more freeware' at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

hth
God Bless
hutch

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Just since we switched to Windows XP we are getting

unwanted advertising.
Quote:>It is advertising from Microsoft and comes up as a

window either while you
Quote:>are in a site or when closing windows.  (trips, *s,
etc).
>Is this somehow associated with our upgrade to XP?  I

don't remember getting
Quote:>this junk before.  Can we get rid of it?  It is annoying.
>Thanks.
>Sandee

>.

1. IBM's False Advertising

You're just fudding.  IBM doesn't have to tell the truth.  You're obviously
just a Microsoft lackey.

--
"IBM's install program is just fine."  [and later:] "I will say it again: The
 install program is fine. But OS/2 just won't run on some pieces of hardware."

2. The data is invalid. Error

3. ADVERTISE TO OVER 100 MILLION PEOPLE FOR FREE!!!

4. QUICKTIME 2.0 FIX IS NOW AVAILABLE!!!!!

5. San Francisco-Advertising Art Designer/Director

6. FTP Server IP Checking

7. Upcoming Panel: "Advertising to a Virtual Community"

8. Video malfunction - left 1/4 of screen goes black

9. Web Site of over 4,000 FREE Places to Advertise on the Net!

10. Advertising Agency Seeks Talent

11. Advertise Your Computer Stuff FREE!

12. FREE interactive advertising in CDStudios! - deadline extended

13. Free classified advertising database on the Web