You may wish to perform a "tune-up" that may help:
1. Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View and place a dot next
to "Show Hidden Files and Folders" and click "apply".
2. Open MY COMPUTER and double-click your drive, the WINDOWS
folder, and then the "PREFETCH" folder. Delete the contents of the
PREFETCH folder but not the folder itself.
3. Next, perform a DISK CLEANUP
(Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup)
4. Go to Start > Run and type: CMD , and hit enter. In the Command
Prompt window type: CHKDSK /F , and hit enter, answer "yes" and
reboot your computer.
5. Afterward, perform a DEFRAG of your hard drive.
| Its tax time again. After I prepare my taxes and file my return, I'd
| like to delete the tax data from my hard drive (after making an
| archive, of course) and then "clean" the "free" space on my HD.
| If I recall correctly, Norton did this for older versions of windows,
| but it doen's for XP.
| So... How do I "wife clean" my free space?