Tooltips Appear Behind Taskbar

Post by Jerry Bake » Fri, 02 May 2003 09:18:26

How do I stop tooltips from appearing behind the taskbar? I have tried
minimizing and restoring the taskbar, switching focus between apps,
closing all apps and restarting, etc. It's making me nuts.

Thanks.

Screenshot: http://testing.bakerweb.biz/windows/tooltips.png

Tooltips Appear Behind Taskbar

Post by devlindar » Fri, 02 May 2003 12:28:54

happens to me too, not much you can do about it, computers get confused as
much as we do

--
All email scanned by Norton Anti-Virus 2002

Quote:> How do I stop tooltips from appearing behind the taskbar? I have tried
> minimizing and restoring the taskbar, switching focus between apps,
> closing all apps and restarting, etc. It's making me nuts.

> Thanks.

> Screenshot: http://testing.bakerweb.biz/windows/tooltips.png

Tooltips Appear Behind Taskbar

Post by Booz » Fri, 02 May 2003 17:39:16

I suppose I'll add my bit.

It does it to me as well and it's really annoying. Sorry I don't know how to
fix it.

Boozo.

> happens to me too, not much you can do about it, computers get confused as
> much as we do

> --
> All email scanned by Norton Anti-Virus 2002

> > How do I stop tooltips from appearing behind the taskbar? I have tried
> > minimizing and restoring the taskbar, switching focus between apps,
> > closing all apps and restarting, etc. It's making me nuts.

> > Thanks.

> > Screenshot: http://testing.bakerweb.biz/windows/tooltips.png

Tooltips Appear Behind Taskbar

Post by David Cand » Fri, 02 May 2003 18:01:30

It's a bug introduced in Windows ME and they couldn't be bothered fixing it for either ME or XP.

I know as I bugged it during both betas.
--
http://www.g2mil.com/Apr2003.htm
http://prorev.com/forbesrussia.htm

> I suppose I'll add my bit.

> It does it to me as well and it's really annoying. Sorry I don't know how to
> fix it.

> Boozo.

> > happens to me too, not much you can do about it, computers get confused as
> > much as we do

> > --
> > All email scanned by Norton Anti-Virus 2002

> > > How do I stop tooltips from appearing behind the taskbar? I have tried
> > > minimizing and restoring the taskbar, switching focus between apps,
> > > closing all apps and restarting, etc. It's making me nuts.

> > > Thanks.

> > > Screenshot: http://testing.bakerweb.biz/windows/tooltips.png

Tooltips Appear Behind Taskbar

Post by myc » Tue, 13 May 2003 01:13:36

That happened to me the other day. I tried right-clicking the taskbar,
selected properties, unchecked "keep taskbar on top of other windows",
and clicked ok. The tooltips started appearing properly (I went back and
rechecked "keep taskbar on top of other windows" and it seems fine.)