Start up Disk

Post by S. Ferric » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 07:57:45

How do I create a start up floppy disk for XP that is
already on my machine??

Start up Disk

Post by Jupiter Jone » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:09:04

Windows XP CDs are bootable so a Start up floppy is not normally
needed.
If your computer is incapable of booting to CDROM, loo to this link,
the sole purpose of these floppies is for computers unable to boot to
CDROM:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q310994
Otherwise you can make an MSDOS boot disk:
Start/My Computer, Right click 3 1/2 floppy, click Format, click MSDOS
Start-up disk
The disk does not load CDROM drivers.

--
Jupiter Jones
Please respond to newsgroup only.

Quote:> How do I create a start up floppy disk for XP that is
> already on my machine??

Start up Disk

Post by Scott Fornwal » Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:34:23

As stated before here:
The best use for a start up disk with XP is using it as a coaster.
LOL!
Scott

> Windows XP CDs are bootable so a Start up floppy is not normally
> needed.
> If your computer is incapable of booting to CDROM, loo to this link,
> the sole purpose of these floppies is for computers unable to boot to
> CDROM:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q310994
> Otherwise you can make an MSDOS boot disk:
> Start/My Computer, Right click 3 1/2 floppy, click Format, click MSDOS
> Start-up disk
> The disk does not load CDROM drivers.

> --
> Jupiter Jones
> Please respond to newsgroup only.
> Everyone can benefit from the message.

> > How do I create a start up floppy disk for XP that is
> > already on my machine??

1. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

Is my pc infected or am I going mad here?
I get pop ups on 90% of websites that I open.
Yahoo, MSN, Ebay.... etc etc etc ..
I usually get that ad pop-up for the little investigative camera ...
And it only happens when I open a new window. Upon opening Yahoo, for
example, another smaller window pops up with an add...
Does anyone else get this? How is this fixable without installing any Pop up
removal software? I am willing to re-format if needed.
Thanks
gino

2. application popups in event viewer: work around found!

3. Browser speed a function of TCP/IP stack?

4. File/Disk copying hang-ups on Windows 2003 Server w/ Mirrored IDE Disks :HELP

5. Why does Windows Installer try to run ...

6. Start win me from start up disk?

7. DUN Problem

8. The pop-ups the maddening pop-ups!!!

9. Pop-ups and Messanger Pop-ups

10. Random Hang ups (not lock ups)

11. ups.exe application error at startup for UPS 500

12. The UPS Service has lost contact with the UPS