Is Build 2600 an evaluation copy

Post by Omar Sharif Chaudhr » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 15:44:18

Is the Build 2600 of Win XP Pro an evaluation copy? And can start giving
problems to its users at any time ?

Anybody having any idea, that is this true or not ?

Omar

Is Build 2600 an evaluation copy

Post by Yaro » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 16:14:22

Build 2600 is the final release of Windows XP.

Yaron

Quote:> Is the Build 2600 of Win XP Pro an evaluation copy? And can start giving

Post by Morga » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:41:17

Quote:> Is the Build 2600 of Win XP Pro an evaluation copy? And can start giving
> problems to its users at any time ?

> Anybody having any idea, that is this true or not ?

> Omar

Nope it is not an evaluation copy - but to some users it might just seem as
though it is...

Morgan

---

Is Build 2600 an evaluation copy

Post by Lorne Smit » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 21:50:44

LOL !!!

> > Is the Build 2600 of Win XP Pro an evaluation copy? And can start giving
> > problems to its users at any time ?

> > Anybody having any idea, that is this true or not ?

> > Omar

> Nope it is not an evaluation copy - but to some users it might just seem
as
> though it is...

> Morgan

> ---

Is Build 2600 an evaluation copy

Post by Greg M. Top » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:41:47

As alex said, it is the final build, but whether its an eval copy or not
depends.  Some of the copies are eval copies and, as such, are time limited
in their operation.  The copies you purchase at stores are the same
version/build, but are not time limited.

--

Greg M. Topf
MCSE (NT4, Win2k), MCP+I

Quote:> Is the Build 2600 of Win XP Pro an evaluation copy? And can start giving
> problems to its users at any time ?

> Anybody having any idea, that is this true or not ?

> Omar

Is Build 2600 an evaluation copy

Post by Bill Kir » Fri, 28 Dec 2001 17:12:02

To check your registration status click on start then run and type in
oobe/msoobe /a this brings up
the windows activation screen and it should read windows already activated

-- If so, your good to go... But you gotta ponder on if you bought it, why
you would have to ask??

-=> Bill <=-

Quote:> Is the Build 2600 of Win XP Pro an evaluation copy? And can start giving
> problems to its users at any time ?

> Anybody having any idea, that is this true or not ?

> Omar

1. build 2600 vs RC2 2526 - 2600 is worse

I have 2000b.
i re installed XP 2600. this time from the cd. Love the music when it is
done install and goes through the inital set up, activation etc. Music I
think it is sweet. I hope it's on the cd as an mp3 or something to put to cd
so I can hear it on my home theater. If anyone knows please let me know
asap.

Well After it re installed, I went to versiontracker and searched for icq,
the ONLY version offical was the new alpha. They for some reason don't have
the 2000b in the search results. Well I downloaded it and tried to install.
It said it would not cus of something I forget why. So I can't install the
alpha version.

So I went to the offical site, got 2000b downloaded it, I have it already,
but didn't use the file I have now. So I used the new download. It worked.

ICQ installed fine for me.  What version of ICQ are you running?  One of the
"beta" builds, or the latest 'alpha' build?

--
Doug Knox, Microsoft MVP MPS-D
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

2. Briefcase Sync after NTFS Conversion

3. Upgrade from build 2600 Eval to 2600 retail?

4. Bootloader and db 0EAh

5. Upgtadng Evaluation Copy build 2526

6. Enable long path names

7. Upgrading Evaluation Copy build 2526

8. explorer 6 browser

9. IE 6.0.2600.0000.xpclient VS 6.0.2600.0000.xpclnt_qfe

10. "Evaluation copy. Build 2600" during the boot

11. In XP which is newer 5.1.2600.14 or 5.1.2600.1106?

12. IE6.0 build 6.00.2600

13. Build 2600