Uninstall

Post by ET » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:57:16

In my windows file, I have many files that are named
something to the effect of $NtUninstallQ307
                               271$.
Can I get rid of these files or not?

Thanks
ET

Uninstall

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 02:31:39

>In my windows file, I have many files that are named
>something to the effect of $NtUninstallQ307
>                               271$.
>Can I get rid of these files or not?

These are used for to uninstall the updates that you installed from
the Windows Update site. If you feel that you do not need to uninstall
these patches you can remove the subfolders and the corresponding
Q*.LOG files from the WINDOWS folder.
You should then go to the Control Panel > Add/remove programs and
double-click the uninstall entries for the same patches. You will be
prompted for if you want to remove these entries as well. Vote Yes
here.

--
(tm)

Uninstall

Post by ET » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:51:58

What do you recommend I do?
Thanks

Uninstall

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Sat, 18 Jan 2003 02:59:46

>What do you recommend I do?

Usually I delete these folders, files and entries after some time. You
should be sure that you do not need to uninstall the patches and if
so, you can delete the items.

--
(tm)