Right-click "my network places" + select "properties" = nothing happens

Right-click "my network places" + select "properties" = nothing happens

Post by Gerald Moo » Fri, 28 Mar 2003 03:22:28

Any ideas?

I can get to the network properties throught the control panel, but what gives?

TIA,
Gerald

Right-click "my network places" + select "properties" = nothing happens

Post by Gerald Moo » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 10:41:57

Bump.  I ran SFC, and nothing was reported.

> Any ideas?

> I can get to the network properties throught the control panel, but what gives?

> TIA,
> Gerald

1. Lost "Preview" and "Set as Wallpaper" right-click menu items

Running Windows Xp Pro SP1 (plus later critical updates).

I installed Photoshop Elements and the other camera software that came with
my new digital camera (ACDSee, Quicktime and raw-image converter software).

I was careful to prevent these applications from replacing my preferred file
associations, and my Tif and Jpg files still open just fine with my normal
image-editing program, PaintshopPro.

However, Windows no longer displays the "Preview" menu choice (which was
Bold, and the default double-click choice) for jpg files, and it also no
longer displays "Set as Wallpaper" from either Explorer or the Windows
Picture and Fax Viewer right-click menu.

Is there any way I can restore this lost functionality?

To summarize:

* I still have "Preview" as the default double-click action for BMP and TIF
files - just not for JPG files (Preview is no longer even listed as a
non-default action for JPG files).

* Neither Explorer nor the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (which is used for
the Previewing) displays a "Set as Wallpaper" choice on the right-click
menu.

Thanks for any help,

PLM

2. Partition Magic error: too many clusters

3. Configure the "new" menu within the "right-click" context menu

4. Errors in loading xml file with inline reference to a dtd

5. I click "acounts" and nothing happens - at all - nothing....

6. WSH - how to use .Cab files in Win98?

7. left click on "My Network Places" does nothing

8. UMAX 2200 and XP

9. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

10. Right click "save picture as" default names file "untitled.bmp"

11. XP: "My Computer" hangs when right click on drives in "My Computer"

12. Right click context menu has "SEARCH" at the top instead of "OPEN"

13. problem renaming "my computer" and "my network places"