1 unread mail message

Post by Ed » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:49:54

On the log on screen below the user name I get this
message, "1 unread mail message". When I place the cursor
over the line it shows an old email address.  Not sure
where to look.  Any help much appreciated.
Ed

1 unread mail message

Post by Kenrick F » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:58:27

Try this:
1. Click Start, click Run
2. In the Open Box, type regedit, and then click OK
3. Locate and delete the sub-key(s) under this registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UnreadMail

4. Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.

--
Kenrick Fu
MS MVP (IE/OE)

Quote:> On the log on screen below the user name I get this
> message, "1 unread mail message". When I place the cursor
> over the line it shows an old email address.  Not sure
> where to look.  Any help much appreciated.
> Ed

1 unread mail message

Post by <bogeyf.. » Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:19:31

worked just fine
thanks for the help

1. Logon Screen "Unread Mail Message" message

Since installing Windows XP, the logon screen has  had a line under the name
of the principal account that says "1 unread mail message." There are no
unread mail messages either in the msn account that msn messenger monitors,
or the other accounts entered in Outlook Express. Why won't this line
disappear from the logon screen?

2. Is Conseal PC Firewall supported XP?

3. can open or find unread mail messages... in oe 6.0

4. Hotmail error

5. Incorrectly saying I have 1 unread mail message

6. Shutdown just re-starts

7. unread mail messages

8. Disabling ZIP folders in windows XP

9. Problem in XP: "1 unread mail message"

10. removing friends' "unread mail messages"

11. "Unread Mail Message" Prompt

12. unread mail message

13. XP Profile say '1 unread mail message'