BLUE TEXT

Post by bill » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:58:16

some of my media files text is in blue and cant be
changed. why is this? what can i do? what does it mean?

BLUE TEXT

Post by Tim » Sat, 03 May 2003 06:21:17

I'm assuming you are talking about viewing the file names from Windows Explorer,
correct?

If a filename shows up in blue text, that means that file (or entire folder of
files) is compressed on the NTFS volume.  And it cannot be changed without
removing the compression attributes from it.

Tim

Quote:> some of my media files text is in blue and cant be
> changed. why is this? what can i do? what does it mean?

BLUE TEXT

Post by TimB » Sat, 03 May 2003 21:15:48

Of course you can change that!
Start / Control Panel / Folder Options
On the View tab, un-select "Show encrypted or compressed
NTFS files in color"

TimBo.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm assuming you are talking about viewing the file names

from Windows Explorer,
Quote:>correct?

>If a filename shows up in blue text, that means that file

(or entire folder of
>files) is compressed on the NTFS volume.  And it cannot
be changed without
>removing the compression attributes from it.

>Tim

>> some of my media files text is in blue and cant be
>> changed. why is this? what can i do? what does it mean?

>.

BLUE TEXT

Post by Tim » Sun, 04 May 2003 01:38:33

Yes I was going to say that, but at the time I didn't feel like going there :-P

> Of course you can change that!
> Start / Control Panel / Folder Options
> On the View tab, un-select "Show encrypted or compressed
> NTFS files in color"

> TimBo.

BLUE TEXT

Post by TimB » Sun, 04 May 2003 13:24:55

I almost didn't myself!

TumBo :-)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Yes I was going to say that, but at the time I didn't

feel like going there :-P

>> Of course you can change that!
>> Start / Control Panel / Folder Options
>> On the View tab, un-select "Show encrypted or
compressed
>> NTFS files in color"

>> TimBo.

1. Blue text blues

Just lately Win XP Pro has started displaying many of its
files in the Windows Explorer folders in blue text. This
can vary from folder to folder, for instance in My
Documents, most of the files are displayed in blue (about
90%), whereas in the Windows folder itself it would be
about 50%, and in the root directory, none at all.

Another problem is the most recent programmes that are
displayed in the 'Start' pop up menu. This no longer
functions. Usually when I run a programme it is displayed
at the bottom of the 'Start' menu list, working its way
to the top the more I run the programme. This no longer
happens.

How do I overcome this without re-installing Windows?

2. NT NT Dual Boot

3. blue text

4. Shutting down xp

5. White Background, blue text sometimes

6. Two IP Addresses

7. Blue text in folders?!

8. Backup with XP Home

9. blue text

10. blue text why?

11. BLUE TEXT

12. HP 820Cse prints blue text instead of black

13. Files with blue text