Balloon / tooltips in the system tray are hidden behind the taskbar

Balloon / tooltips in the system tray are hidden behind the taskbar

Post by Tim » Sun, 06 Apr 2003 09:12:52

When I move the cursor over one of the icons in the
system tray, like the volume or power icon, the popup
information is displayed behind the taskbar itself.  You
can see the top part, which is the shape of the popup
dialog box, but all of the useful information is
displayed behind the taskbar.

I've tried everything listed at
us;307499, but nothing works.  I think this web site
refers to a different problem.

Other things I've tried include:
1.  Resizing / hiding / unhinding the taskbar.
2.  Refreshing the desktop display by hitting F5.
3.  Right clicking and left clicking everywhere else on
the screen.
4.  Opening and closing items, like volume control panel,
power properties control panel, time/date settings, etc.

This is driving me crazy, and any help would be
appreciated.

Thank you.

Tim

1. Balloon / tooltips in the system tray are hidden behind the taskbar

This behavior is a known problem; afaik Microsoft has not corrected it yet.
But, while there is no fix, I
have found that, whenever this behavior starts, I can right-click on the
taskbar, click properties, deselect
"keep task bar on top of other windows," click "apply," immediately
re-select "keep task bar on top of
other windows," and click OK. The tool tips will then show up where they
belong until whatever event
initiates this problem behavior recurs. This is a real pita, I know, but
it's better than having to do without
the tool tips when you have a lot of icons in the task bar, and can't
remember which is the one you want.

Art

2. XP WMP won't work without internet connection

3. Balloon tips in system tray are hidden behind the taskbar

4. IE6 & MS Money3 Error

5. Tooltips Hide Behind Taskbar

6. Why is Microsoft corporation stopping this email???

7. Tooltip hides behind the taskbar

8. HELP BIG TROUBLE!!

9. Icon tray tool tips hide behind taskbar

10. CoolHide - Help you hide/minimize window to Tray and hide icons from the system tray

11. Taskbar tooltips behind taskbar....argh!