Computer won't detect DV

Post by Scot » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:40:55

I am trying to download a video into Windows Movie Maker
XP 1.2 and the software won't recognize my camera. Is
there anyone that can help me through Remote Assistance
to get this working?

Thanks!

Scott

Computer won't detect DV

Post by Cari » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:05:24

Quote:> I am trying to download a video into Windows Movie Maker
> XP 1.2 and the software won't recognize my camera. Is
> there anyone that can help me through Remote Assistance
> to get this working?

> Thanks!

> Scott

a)  Is your camcorder a digital one, connected via firewire?

b)  If analog, how are you connecting... something like the ATI All in
Wonder.. if so use the software that ATI provide... the MMC.

c)  Have you checked for updated drivers at your camcorder manufacturer's
website?

Cari
www.coribright.com

Computer won't detect DV

Post by Scot » Sat, 27 Apr 2002 11:16:13

As far as my camera type, it is digital, connected to my
laptop through a firewire PCMCIA card. My card is OHCE
(or whatever the protocol is) compliant.

I do not know about the drivers because I cannot actually
install the camera itself, just the firewire card.

Quote:>website?

>Cari
>www.coribright.com

>.

1. DV- PC cant detect dv camera via firewire

am running XP, and have connected a thomson vmd5 dv
camera via firewire, but pc doesnt detect it.
have tried ulead video6, mm2, and studio dv8 apps-no
reult.
have dredged internet for advice, have read that i need
microsoft dv camera and vhs driver...but also told xp
should have this anyway!!!
was told to reload directx8 dv update...then reload
directx8.1,
but both these are not for XP.
have installed directx9....still wont work.
so....where can i get microsoft dv camera and vhs driver??
or do i need to do something else???
have been in contact (several times) with manufacturer of
camera and pc, but they cant help

2. NT vs Novell for a pc Lab?

3. computer won't detect disk in cdrom drive.

4. XP packaging

5. Computer won't detect camera

6. Outlook Express 6 SP-1 and Blocked Email Attachments

7. Home network won't detect both computers

8. 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer Add-on for Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer, Version 3.0

9. My Windows XP Home can't detect my DV through Creative SB Audigy...

10. Wins XP Not Detecting My DV Camera....

11. XP doesn't detect dv camcorder through serial port

12. DV from computer -> 1394 port w/o DV Camera

13. XP doesn't see my Sony DV(won't install it)