System Restore points not able to restore...

System Restore points not able to restore...

Post by Creu » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 00:32:22

My computer will not restore to any previous restore points. There are
several points to choose from, but none of them work... The system goes
through the entire process, but when WinXP Pro does the final boot, it tells
me "your computer could not restore to the chosen point" (or something close
to that) "your computer has not changed"...
It makes no difference which restore point I choose. I've tried every one of
them...
My system:
Athalon XP 1600, 768MB ddr ram, 40 & 30 gig Maxtor HDDs, Sound blaster
Audigy, ATI Radeon 8500 video card. Windows XP Pro.
Thank you for any suggestions... Please e-mail any responses in addition to
posting. Thank you.

Post by Thorsten Matzne » Mon, 18 Mar 2002 02:41:00

>My computer will not restore to any previous restore points. There are
>several points to choose from, but none of them work... The system goes
>through the entire process, but when WinXP Pro does the final boot, it tells
>me "your computer could not restore to the chosen point" (or something close
>to that) "your computer has not changed"...

This may help: "Troubleshooting System Restore in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q302/7/96.asp).

--
(tm)