Windows Installer Keeps Activating

Post by Brya » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:28:14

Windows XP Home
P4 1.5 MHZ
512 MB
etc...

When I bought my computer it came loaded with MS Money
2002. I an effort to save hard drive space I uninstalled
Money 2002 because I wasn't using it. (Went to ADD/REMOVE
programs and uninstalled it).

Now when I try to start Window Explorer or Internet
Explorer, Windows Installer pops up and tells me that
MONEY.MSI could not be found... I thought huh????  It ask
me to locate the file and continue but when I place the
Money 2002 CD back in and find it on there it's not
recognizing it.  I thought, FINE, I'll just install that
damn thing back on so decided to install Money 2002 but now
instead of saying that it can't find MONEY.MSI it's telling
me that it can't find SYSPACK.  I locate that for it but
now it's telling me that it can't recognize it.  I
cancelled the installation and got out of it. Unfortunately
Money 2002 was somehow partially installed onto my system.
 When I go to ADD/REMOVE program and try to do a brand new
install the program will not let me.

If anyone has any ideas on how to get the Windows Installer
to keep trying to install something when I access Windows
Explorer or Internet Explorer, Please let me know.

Thank You,

Bryan "Frustrated with everthing"

Windows Installer Keeps Activating

Post by K. no, the other on » Mon, 09 Sep 2002 21:55:56

Quote:> Windows XP Home
> P4 1.5 MHZ
> 512 MB
> etc...

> When I bought my computer it came loaded with MS Money
> 2002. I an effort to save hard drive space I uninstalled
> Money 2002 because I wasn't using it. (Went to ADD/REMOVE
> programs and uninstalled it).

> Now when I try to start Window Explorer or Internet
> Explorer, Windows Installer pops up and tells me that
> MONEY.MSI could not be found... I thought huh????  It ask
> me to locate the file and continue but when I place the
> Money 2002 CD back in and find it on there it's not
> recognizing it.  I thought, FINE, I'll just install that
> damn thing back on so decided to install Money 2002 but now
> instead of saying that it can't find MONEY.MSI it's telling
> me that it can't find SYSPACK.  I locate that for it but
> now it's telling me that it can't recognize it.  I
> cancelled the installation and got out of it. Unfortunately
> Money 2002 was somehow partially installed onto my system.
>  When I go to ADD/REMOVE program and try to do a brand new
> install the program will not let me.

> If anyone has any ideas on how to get the Windows Installer
> to keep trying to install something when I access Windows
> Explorer or Internet Explorer, Please let me know.

> Thank You,

> Bryan "Frustrated with everthing"

start/ run / msconfig and disable the program that's trying to start it?

GL

Kelly

bigger and better idiot-proof programs,
and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning."
~ Rich Cook

1. Can't keep top-most window activated

The configuration:
        Window NT Workstation, version 3.5
        Visual C++, Version 2.0

The Problem:
        I receive messages over an RPC connection and display
        different dialog windows based on different messages
        received.

        I want to keep a specific window on top until the user
        acknowledges it.  I am using
        SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost, 0,0,0,0, SWP_NOSIZE)
        but when other windows need to get displayed, my top-most
        window loses activation.  I am handling the WM_ACTIVATE
        message to try to keep the window active by calling
        SetActiveWindow, SetWindowPos, ShowWindow,
        you name it, but it still looses activativation.  I do check
        for nState == WA_INACTIVE and have put in TRACE statements
        to ensure my logic is correct and it looks okay.

        I'm obviously leaving out something, but what????

TIA

2. Printer Driver ?

3. windows media installer keeps crashing

4. (no subject)

5. Help~! Windows Installer keeps...

6. Moving files

7. Windows Installer Keeps coming up

8. Office XP small business edition

9. Windows Installer keeps popping up

10. windows installer pop up keeps coming up...

11. Windows Installer keeps popping up with Word XP

12. "Device installer error": "Windows could not load the installer for Volume"