integrity of the file Update.inf

Post by jameste » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:28:28

Update 817287 won't install. I get this message: "Setup
could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf.
Make sure Cryptographic service is running on this
computer." Crypto is running and set at auto. I checked
the cryptsvc.dll that it replaces and I have two.The
second named cryptsvc(2).dll they are the older version
5.1.2600.1106. I downloaded the update a few times from
the update catalog and also tried the automatic online
install but no luck. I had successfully installed it two
weeks ago, along with 811493, 813489, and 330994 but had
to do a system restore due to 811493 slowing down my
system.

integrity of the file Update.inf

Post by jameste » Sat, 03 May 2003 07:15:27

nevermind. the catroot rename did the trick.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Update 817287 won't install. I get this message: "Setup
>could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf.
>Make sure Cryptographic service is running on this
>computer." Crypto is running and set at auto. I checked
>the cryptsvc.dll that it replaces and I have two.The
>second named cryptsvc(2).dll they are the older version
>5.1.2600.1106. I downloaded the update a few times from
>the update catalog and also tried the automatic online
>install but no luck. I had successfully installed it two
>weeks ago, along with 811493, 813489, and 330994 but had
>to do a system restore due to 811493 slowing down my
>system.
>.

integrity of the file Update.inf

Post by Jason Tsan » Sat, 03 May 2003 08:53:40

See this page for a fix

Errors Occur When You Try to Install Updates from the Windows Update Web
Site
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;817753

Afterwards, installing the Q817287: Critical Update (Catalog Database
Corruption in Microsoft Windows XP) fix will stop this above issue from
happening again

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

Quote:> Update 817287 won't install. I get this message: "Setup

Post by Alex Nicho » Sat, 03 May 2003 19:51:01

>Update 817287 won't install. I get this message: "Setup
>could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf.
>Make sure Cryptographic service is running on this
>computer." Crypto is running and set at auto.

The work around for that appears not related to it: Rename the folder
windows\system32\catroot2  and reboot.  Then go to Windows Update and as
first step get (only) Critical update 817287, download and install, and
the problem will not recur

--
Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows - File Systems)

1. Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf

I have downloaded and saved an update to my harddrive.
When I try to run the update, I receive the following
message. "Q328310 Setup Error
Setup could not verify the integrity of the file
Update.inf.  Make sure the Cryptographic service is
running on this computer"
I have checked and the service is running.

2. Disable Control Panel Items

3. can't verify integrity of update.inf ????

4. Adding hardware

5. Upgrade SP1A - integrity of update.inf error

6. second video card problems(s3 Virge)

7. Integrity of update.inf and Cryptograhic Server

8. Zip Disk Mounting Problems

9. Upgrade SP1a - integrity of update.inf

10. Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the Cryp

11. Setup could not verify the integrity of the file Update.inf. Make sure the...

12. XP Pro and SP1--Update.inf integrity

13. what is file update.inf ??