UPS "Run Shutdown Program" & "Battery Meter"?

UPS "Run Shutdown Program" & "Battery Meter"?

Post by babyr » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:57:43

I use an APC UPS 650, & was able to configure it
following my upgrade to XP-HE, but am unable to determine
what program I should tell the "Power Option Properties"
to run in the event of a "Shut Down". This task does
appear in my "Scheduled Tasks" window, but the "Run
Program" box is empty. XP also claims that a battery
meter is available on the taskbar for users with UPS's,
but I've never seen one since my upgrade. Any ideas?

1. "Run"," Search" and" Help and Support" on the Start Menu

This is advice, rather than a request for information ...

When playing around with Windows XP Tweaking software, such as

MicroSoft PowerToys "TweakUI for XP"
JerMar "TweakiFor Power Users" version 4
TweakXP Pro 2.0

or even the properties of the Start menu, it is possible to disable
the run, search and help icons from the Start menu ... Some of them
disable the button, whilst others disable the functionality ...

The problem comes when you switch off the functionality with one
Tweaking program, and try to use another to switch it back on. (Bad
idea on reflection :-) ...

Anyway, what I found was out of the four methods mentioned above,
using "Tweaki...For Power Users" (available from
http://www.jermar.com) was able to re-enable the icons irrelevent of
what program was used to disable them ...

Using "Tweaki For Power Users" (available from:
http://www.jermar.com") go to Security and on the Interface page,
scroll to the bottom, and check the boxes next to: "Remove Help
option", "Remove 'Run' command", and "Remove 'Search' command" click
on Done reboot then go back into "TweakiFor Power Users" and
uncheck these boxes again once you have applied the changes, reboot
again and they should work again

(well, they did for me anyway :-)

2. Windows rebooting

3. "Run"," Search" and" Help and Suport" (Start Menu)

4. Disk Compression on Windows XP

5. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

6. XP Pro unable to reboot.

7. "New Message", "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

8. WINDOWS 95

9. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

10. Copying "Documents & Settings" & "Program Files" Directories

11. wmp copy to cd """ error """

12. subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

13. "Search" & "Run"