xp does not recognize cd's

Post by Gary » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:25:09

I had a hp computer four or five years old. We recently
bought a new hp computer. Before hooking up the new one,
i copied what I wanted to cd's. Now when i try & read
them, nothing shows up. Just like they were empty. What
can I do to get the new hp to read them. Would appriciate
any help and thanks.   Gary

xp does not recognize cd's

Post by Nichola » Fri, 21 Mar 2003 08:48:15

How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

--
Nicholas

| I had a hp computer four or five years old. We recently
| bought a new hp computer. Before hooking up the new one,
| i copied what I wanted to cd's. Now when i try & read
| them, nothing shows up. Just like they were empty. What
| can I do to get the new hp to read them. Would appriciate
| any help and thanks.   Gary

1. CD Drive Recognizes Music CD's But Not Data CD's

My CD drive recognizes music CD's just fine, but when I insert a CD with
data on it (like an installation disk for a program) it does not recognize
the disk. Instead I get a message saying: "Please Insert a disk in Drive F"
(F being my CD drive).

I know it can read data, because in playing with it, it did so ONCE. How can
I get it to do so consistently? There must be some setting in XP that
governs this, but I have yet to find it.

Thanks for your help.

Stewart Farnell

2. java virtual machine for win xp..............

3. XP CD Writing Software Does not recognize CD's

4. saving JPEGs in IE6

5. CD-RW, DVD NOT READING DATA ON CD'S / NOT RECOGNISING DRIVES CORRECTLY

6. Opera 4 beta1 out now!

7. XP and CD-RW's/DVD's not recognized

8. Win2000 upgrade killed OE6

9. CD burner will only recognize CD/RW disk, not CD-R's

10. Windows XP not recognizing blank CD's

11. XP will not recognize cd'pics from pressario

12. Please Help - Windows XP CDRW/DVD not recognising cd's

13. CD ROM not recognising certain audio cd's