Printing Documents list

Post by jd » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 06:15:05

When I bring up the item under "My documents" how to I
print the list of docs. My print screen does nothing. I
cannot copy and paste them to Word it copies the whole
file not just the title. Help!

Printing Documents list

Post by David Lownde » Fri, 21 Feb 2003 08:56:37

Quote:>When I bring up the item under "My documents" how to I
>print the list of docs. My print screen does nothing. I
>cannot copy and paste them to Word it copies the whole
>file not just the title. Help!

You can use the command line DIR command, or if you'd like something a
little more refined than a DIR output, have a look at ExpPrint
http://www.jddesign.co.uk/.

ExpPrint is an Explorer context menu extension that gives you a "Print
Directory Listing" menu when you select any file folder, drive, or
files. It has quite a comprehensive sorting and layout capability,
and is only a small download.

ExpPrint is shareware, the only restriction on the non-registered
usage is that the Save settings capability is disabled. Other than
that it's fully functional.

Dave
--
MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq