Win 2K DHCP server not assigning address correctly

Win 2K DHCP server not assigning address correctly

Post by Levi » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 23:07:32

I currently use Win XP pro in a Win 2K server enviroment
and have been noting the following error in my event
viewer:

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the
network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with
network address 00B0D017C802.  The following error
occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer
will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from
the network address (DHCP) server.

Following this error (generally at login) I can not get to
the internet via our defualt gateway but do have access to
my drive mappings and the network itself. If I repair the
connection once or twice it seems to fix the problem. Is
there a better way to deal with this situation regarding
DHCP IP assignments. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Levi
Network Assistant