saving file in WP10 hangs program

Post by Anna » Sun, 25 May 2003 06:22:03

Argh -- If I save a file in WP10 on an HP ze4315
notebook, the CPU usage goes to 100, stays there, and
then hangs the program.  I can resave the file to a
different name or folder and the problem will go away for
a few saves -- and then it starts again.  It is not a
huge file (250K).  HP offered a microsoft tech item fix --
 Q282599 that did not help.  At this point, I can't
figure out if it is a software (windows or WP) or a
hardware problem.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

1. setup.ins file corruption installing programs under win98

Hello,

I have a ASUS P3V4X motherboard with an Intel 600EB coppermine cpu, 128 MB of
memory, a 30 gig WD HD, CL Live sound card, generic cdrom, HP9110 internal
cdrw running under win98.

Several programs upon installation report that a setup.ins or other file that
appears to have some scripting instructions has become corrupted therefore the
program stops loading.  Sometimes I get an error 704.  Sometimes the program
continues to install and seems to run ok.  I have reinstalled win98 several
times, tried the 2nd edition updates and also the full win98 2nd edition
version with the same results.

Can anyone clue me in on what is going wrong and what needs to be changed?

Thanks,
Tim

2. DSL for different Users

3. setup.ins corrupt file reported when installing programs under win98

4. Invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll

5. Using"Save as" causing program hang

6. Outlook express

7. IE6 -> Download File -> Save (to disk) hangs

8. Running FrontPage from Win95 network machine?

9. MSIE 6.0 only saves bitmap files now, used to save all graphic files

10. IE6 -> Download File -> Save (to disk) hangs

11. intermittent hang when saving a file to a network drive

12. WFW 3.11/NT 3.51 Server Hangs, File Save error

13. XP will hang when installing any program and just hang randomly