local drive doesn't appear in Remote Session

local drive doesn't appear in Remote Session

Post by Joe S » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:08:36



I shared out my local C drive. In the Remote Desktop
Connection window I selected Options. On the Local
Resources tab, Under Local devices, I clicked Disk
drives. I am able to establish a Session.

I don't see "C on tsclient" in the Remotes Window
explorer. Also tried \\tsclient\C from both the Command
Line and the run line in the remote session.

Also,
The Remote is Windows 2000 Terminal, the local is XP with
sp 1

Thanks, Joe

 
 
 

local drive doesn't appear in Remote Session

Post by David Jone » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:22:01


Quote:>The Remote is Windows 2000 Terminal, the local is XP

with sp 1

That's why then.  Windows 2000 Terminal Servers do not
support local drive redirection like you're trying to
do...that was a new feature added for Windows XP Pro and
Windows Server 2003.

 
 
 

local drive doesn't appear in Remote Session

Post by Joe » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:44:05


Thanks for the information. Is there any way to
copy files from the the Session to my local client
desktop?
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>>The Remote is Windows 2000 Terminal, the local is XP
>with sp 1

>That's why then.  Windows 2000 Terminal Servers do not
>support local drive redirection like you're trying to
>do...that was a new feature added for Windows XP Pro and
>Windows Server 2003.

>.

 
 
 

local drive doesn't appear in Remote Session

Post by Mahadev Alladi[MS » Sat, 03 May 2003 05:56:21


One way to do this is - Run the following command TS session "net use *
\\<YourLocalMachine>\C$ /u:<username> *", it will then assign a drive letter
for you. You can then copy files from the session to the local drive. Run
"Net use /?" for more options.

--
Mahadev Alladi [MS]
---
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
---


Quote:> Thanks for the information. Is there any way to
> copy files from the the Session to my local client
> desktop?

> >-----Original Message-----
> >>The Remote is Windows 2000 Terminal, the local is XP
> >with sp 1

> >That's why then.  Windows 2000 Terminal Servers do not
> >support local drive redirection like you're trying to
> >do...that was a new feature added for Windows XP Pro and
> >Windows Server 2003.

> >.

 
 
 

local drive doesn't appear in Remote Session

Post by Bill Sanderso » Sat, 03 May 2003 11:24:50


However, this won't function over a "pure" Terminal Services connection--it
requires a VPN or other network connection between the two machines.
TSDropCopy functions over the Terminal Services connection.

Net Use over a VPN will be faster, I suspect, although I've not benchmarked
TSDropCopy.


> One way to do this is - Run the following command TS session "net use *
> \\<YourLocalMachine>\C$ /u:<username> *", it will then assign a drive
letter
> for you. You can then copy files from the session to the local drive. Run
> "Net use /?" for more options.

> --
> Mahadev Alladi [MS]
> ---
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> ---



> > Thanks for the information. Is there any way to
> > copy files from the the Session to my local client
> > desktop?

> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >>The Remote is Windows 2000 Terminal, the local is XP
> > >with sp 1

> > >That's why then.  Windows 2000 Terminal Servers do not
> > >support local drive redirection like you're trying to
> > >do...that was a new feature added for Windows XP Pro and
> > >Windows Server 2003.

> > >.

 
 
 

1. local drive doesn't appear in Remotes Window Explorer

I shared out my local C drive. In the Remote Desktop
Connection window I selected Options. On the Local
Resources tab, Under Local devices, I clicked Disk
drives. I am able to establish a Session.

I don't see "C on tsclient" in the Remotes Window
explorer. Also tried \\tsclient\C from both the Command
Line and the run line in the remote session.

Thanks

2. ADDED WAVETABLE; SOUNDS WORSE! MAPPING PROB?

3. Remote Desktop: sharing local drives doesn't work - McAfee AV is culprit

4. ICS

5. Deny Local Drive during Remote Session

6. Can I simply format drive and reinstal XP Home

7. ms-office dictionary doesn't appear for local users

8. Good books about Windows 95 in French

9. Huh? network drives appear as local drives

10. Mapping network drives to appear as local drives

11. #!usr/local/bin/perl works - #!/usr/local/bin/perl doesn't

12. 2nd Hard Drive installed but doesn't appear under "My Computer"

13. XP doesn't appear to see my whole hard drive