Internet Explorer 6

Post by Jeff » Sun, 02 Feb 2003 23:54:16

I'm running Windows XP Home edition. When logging in
under my user (the administrator)upon launching IE I get
a message "ie had encountered a problem and needs to
close".  When logging in as any other user from my
computer I do not get this same problem.  IE launches
fine.  What's wrong with my user I.D.  Help?

1. Internet Explorer 6 SP1 error: Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and n

I started getting an error: "Internet Explorer has
encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for
the inconvenience." last week.   I am using Windows XP with
all the latest updates.

I found Microsoft support article 318378 about reinstalling
IE 6.  However, after setting the IsInstalled registry
entry to 0 for IE 6 (but not Outlook Express) when I tried
to reinstall IE 6 SP1 from the Microsoft download, I
received a message that the application was not logo tested
for Windows XP and it refused to install.

What to do now?

2. Auto Rcovery

3. Explorer & Internet Explorer Crashes + Internet Problems

4. Toolbook AVI player widget

5. Cannot open Internet Explorer/Windows Explorer/My Comp

6. new cdo, new exe etc, cross post test for duplicates

7. Internet Explorer\Windows Explorer Integration

8. Opera Cookie.Dat

9. Windows Explorer runs instead of Internet Explorer

10. Internet explorer 6 causing explorer.exe to hang

11. Delete MSN Explorer/Use Internet Explorer with Outlook

12. JUNE Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer and MSN Explorer 8.5 Final Released!

13. MS Internet Explorer Patch for R/explorer???