Internet Connection Firewall (Internet Connection Sharing version) blocks Remote Desktop Web connection

Post by Stuar » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 07:21:41

Internet Connection Firewall (Internet Connection Sharing version) blocks
Remote Desktop Web connection. Works OK with ICF switched off. Any ideas
what I need to do to have both on?

Internet Connection Firewall (Internet Connection Sharing version) blocks Remote Desktop Web connection

Post by Bill Sanderso » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:53:11

go to the firewall properties page--properties of your internet connection,
advanced tab, settings button.

Check off Remote Desktop, and put your machine name in the box (edit.)

Quote:> Internet Connection Firewall (Internet Connection Sharing version) blocks
> Remote Desktop Web connection. Works OK with ICF switched off. Any ideas
> what I need to do to have both on?

1. Worrisome Internet Connection Sharing/Internet Connection Firewall problem

I've a problem I've been butting my head against for a
few months, and I've yet to solve it.  My problem is that
I need to disable ICF so I can use ZoneAlarm in it's
place.  Yet it seems the once my two-computer peer-to-
peer LAN (the ICS host is my Win XP Pro box, the ICS
client is running Windows 98 SE) is set up via the
Network Setup Wizard, I cannot change or even access the
ICF component for my Dial-Up Networking connection.  In
fact, I never see any prompt asking if I actually WANT
ICF to be enabled.

I suspect it is more the way the client is set up, rather
than Win XP Pro, but my ISP, which is MSN, states that
its client does NOT support networking.  In fact, they
have suggested that I take the matter it Microsoft, as if
the problem is OS-based, and not client-based.

If it helps at all, the name of the connectoid in
question is MSN Connection Manager - I sure have not
tried renaming it, even though I HAVE tried uninstalling
and reinstalling it numerous times.

The MSN client itself is the one that ships with Win XP,
and I can access the 'Net on the second machine.  The
only reason I desire to use ZoneAlarm instead of the ICF
component is that then I need to be able to selectively
open ports to allow full use of my IRC client; as it is
right now, I can chat and recieve files, but I can't send
files, and the server I connect to cannot get a IDENTD
response from my machine.

2. installing ram!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

3. Help: Internet Connection Firewall and Remote Desktop Connection

4. tHow to Transfer Messages from 9.1 to 10.2?

5. Internet Connection Sharing Kills Internet Connection

6. Copying a File Problem

7. Internet Connection Sharing doesn't work when VPN is used on the shared connection

8. 16 bit winsock apps with win95 tcpip networking ?

9. making the connection between Remote desktop web connection

10. Internet Connection (Internet Gateway) in Network Connections on XP Pro

11. Remote Desktop and Shared Internet Connection

12. internet connection sharing on incoming connection ??

13. peer to peer connection using internet connection sharing