Uninstalling XP

Post by Nige » Sat, 03 May 2003 04:56:20

I tried to load XP on my PC but could not due to corrupt
c: drive but now everytime I start windows it asks me if I
want to start windows98 or XP.
Please how do I stop this?
All I want is for 98 to start up normally.

Uninstalling XP

Post by Alvin A Brow » Sat, 03 May 2003 04:59:38

Hello

Sounds like you may have to relaod win98 from the start if you have
corrupted files on your CX drive, meaning to reformat your drive.

Alvin

> I tried to load XP on my PC but could not due to corrupt
> c: drive but now everytime I start windows it asks me if I
> want to start windows98 or XP.
> Please how do I stop this?
> All I want is for 98 to start up normally.

Uninstalling XP

Post by Corey » Sat, 03 May 2003 06:18:19

Using a Windows 98 boot floopy, boot the the DOS prompt.  Type sys c:.  Now
reboot without the floppy and the menu should be gone.

This may not work if your C:\ drive is corrupt.

Corey H

Quote:> I tried to load XP on my PC but could not due to corrupt
> c: drive but now everytime I start windows it asks me if I
> want to start windows98 or XP.
> Please how do I stop this?
> All I want is for 98 to start up normally.

Uninstalling XP

Post by Bruce Chamber » Sun, 04 May 2003 21:36:47

Greetings --

   Assuming that you have Win98 installed on your primary active
partition (C:), insert and boot from your Win98 startup diskette. Type
"SYS C:."  Then delete C:\NTLDR, C:\NTDETECT.COM, C:\BOOT.INI,
C:\BOOTSEC.DOS, and C:\PAGEFILE.SYS.  Delete or reformat the Win2K
directory/partition, as applicable.  Remove the startup diskette and
reboot.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH