Scanner/USB problem

Post by greatda » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 05:46:52

When I install/try to install my scanner (Agfa 1212u - software
supposed to wok in XP) the system doesn't recognize the scanner (well
a few times it did) and then returns to calling it an unknown usb
divice. Well, and that's where I'm stuck. I remove all drivers and
delete the divce - install drivers and restart ,..and without my
asking I have my unknown dive back  :( - HELP!!!

TIA

Scanner/USB problem

Post by CW » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 09:24:02

Have you got the latest drivers from AGFA ?

Quote:> When I install/try to install my scanner (Agfa 1212u - software
> supposed to wok in XP) the system doesn't recognize the scanner (well
> a few times it did) and then returns to calling it an unknown usb
> divice. Well, and that's where I'm stuck. I remove all drivers and
> delete the divce - install drivers and restart ,..and without my
> asking I have my unknown dive back  :( - HELP!!!

> TIA

Scanner/USB problem

Post by GreatDa » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:07:26

yes,..installed them,..restarted,... still automatically recognizes
the scanner as unknown usb device and automatically installs it. Go
figure!

Any ideas? Thanks

>Have you got the latest drivers from AGFA ?

>> When I install/try to install my scanner (Agfa 1212u - software
>> supposed to wok in XP) the system doesn't recognize the scanner (well
>> a few times it did) and then returns to calling it an unknown usb
>> divice. Well, and that's where I'm stuck. I remove all drivers and
>> delete the divce - install drivers and restart ,..and without my
>> asking I have my unknown dive back  :( - HELP!!!

>> TIA

Scanner/USB problem

Post by mrte » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:53:34

I do not know if this will help you but I tried to install a HP scanner and it would not take.  On HP's site it was reccommended to install it in safe mode.  I did and it is working correctly.  Even a driver update for it from MS Update an hour ago.

To do the install I had to create a new folder on the desktop > copy in the English folder and the single files > reboot into safe mode and run setup.exe from the English folder.

Jeff

| yes,..installed them,..restarted,... still automatically recognizes
| the scanner as unknown usb device and automatically installs it. Go
| figure!
|
| Any ideas? Thanks

---

Scanner/USB problem

Post by Tim Wilkinso » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:18:22

Best of luck, my 1212p doesnt work at all. From what I know, 1212's do not
work with XP. I have thought about using the NT4 drivers, but too chicken at
the mo :)

Quote:> When I install/try to install my scanner (Agfa 1212u - software
> supposed to wok in XP) the system doesn't recognize the scanner (well
> a few times it did) and then returns to calling it an unknown usb
> divice. Well, and that's where I'm stuck. I remove all drivers and
> delete the divce - install drivers and restart ,..and without my
> asking I have my unknown dive back  :( - HELP!!!

> TIA

Scanner/USB problem

Post by Jim Schwart » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:30:28

In my experience, the 1212u works great in XP.

Here's how I did it:

remove old snapscan software
download new snapscan from www.agfa.com
leave 1212u unplugged from the usb port
install new snapscan software
plug in scanner into the usb port
scan away . . .

Regards,
Jim

> Best of luck, my 1212p doesnt work at all. From what I know, 1212's do not
> work with XP. I have thought about using the NT4 drivers, but too chicken
at
> the mo :)

> > When I install/try to install my scanner (Agfa 1212u - software
> > supposed to wok in XP) the system doesn't recognize the scanner (well
> > a few times it did) and then returns to calling it an unknown usb
> > divice. Well, and that's where I'm stuck. I remove all drivers and
> > delete the divce - install drivers and restart ,..and without my
> > asking I have my unknown dive back  :( - HELP!!!

> > TIA

Scanner/USB problem

Post by Tim Wilkinso » Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:34:27

Damn - best I throw my piece of junk out then :)

> In my experience, the 1212u works great in XP.

> Here's how I did it:

> remove old snapscan software
> download new snapscan from www.agfa.com
> leave 1212u unplugged from the usb port
> install new snapscan software
> plug in scanner into the usb port
> scan away . . .

> Regards,
> Jim

> > Best of luck, my 1212p doesnt work at all. From what I know, 1212's do
not
> > work with XP. I have thought about using the NT4 drivers, but too
chicken
> at
> > the mo :)

> > > When I install/try to install my scanner (Agfa 1212u - software
> > > supposed to wok in XP) the system doesn't recognize the scanner (well
> > > a few times it did) and then returns to calling it an unknown usb
> > > divice. Well, and that's where I'm stuck. I remove all drivers and
> > > delete the divce - install drivers and restart ,..and without my
> > > asking I have my unknown dive back  :( - HELP!!!

> > > TIA

1. Visioneer Strobe Pro USB and other USB scanner

I saw a post similar to this a few weeks back, but no solution was offered.
I'm going to throw another twist to it yet.

I have a Canon FB630U USB powered scanner, a Canon PowerShot S100 Digital
camera and a Visioneer Strobe Pro all connected to my computer via USB. The
problem I've encountered using XP is the following:

When the Canon scanner is enabled, the Visioneer driver won't load, and when
the Visioneer driver is enabled, the Canon scanner and camera won't
communicate with the computer.

Apparently, they all use usbscan.sys, a M$ supplied driver. However,
Visioneer's driver doesn't like to share it. Has anyone else come across
this? Is there some sort of work around? The same setup works just fine when
I boot Win98SE. Thanks.

2. Yamaha CDR on NT?

3. USB 2.0 Scanner on USB 1.1 System (XP): recognized, but does not work

4. Do you know how to test memory for bad areas?

5. USB scanner recognized as unknown usb device

6. left click in windows explorer problem

7. USB Scanner problem!

8. Windows XP installs incorrect adapter driver for AnyPoint

9. USB Problem - Scanner & Camera

10. Scanner USB (Twain) driver problem (disappearing!)

11. USB Scanner Problems

12. USB scanner problem

13. Logitech Quick Cam Pro 3000 & Visioneer 7600 USB Scanner Problems