reshack outlook express

Post by Chad Poirie » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:52:03

i use reshacker on outlook express and change some icons and bitmaps to be
aqua style, and it deletes my new copy and replaces it with the original one
after.

how do i disable this?

-chad.

reshack outlook express

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 01:05:24

You need to replace the copy of MSIMN.EXE that is in the Windows\System32\dllcache folder first.  OE's executable is a protected file, and if you overwrite it, it will be replaced with the backup copy.  When you replace the one in Program Files\Outlook Express you'll be notified that its been replaced and offered the chance to restore it.  Tell it no.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/9x
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

> i use reshacker on outlook express and change some icons and bitmaps to be
> aqua style, and it deletes my new copy and replaces it with the original one
> after.

> how do i disable this?

> -chad.

reshack outlook express

Post by Vincent Fatic » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 05:30:50

Also, remove/rename any installation media (CDROM, HD distribution copy from
which things have been installed).  I believe WFP will look in all those
places when a protected file is tampered with.

 - Vince

Quote:>You need to replace the copy of MSIMN.EXE that is in the Windows\System32\dllcache folder first.  OE's executable is a protected file, and if you overwrite it, it will be replaced with the backup copy.  When you replace the one in Program Files\Outlook Express you'll be notified that its been replaced and offered the chance to restore it.  Tell it no.

1. Moving messages from Outlook Express 4 to Outlook Express 6 or Outlook XP

How do I get my old voluminous email from Outlook Express 4 into Outlook
Express 6 or Outlook XP so I can read it again?

My ISP's helpline tells me that it is impossible.

My old Windows '95 PC has Microsoft Outlook Express version 4 (actually
4.72.3120.0).

My new PC running under Windows XP for Home has Outlook Express version 6
and Outlook (which came with Microsoft Office XP).

I need to get all of my old email messages from Express 4 to either Express
6 or to Outlook and to get a small number of messages (erroneously
downloaded into Express 6) from Express 6 to Outlook.

I have copied all of my email messages from the old machine to the new but
cannot find any way of importing them into either Outlook Express 6 or
Outlook.

My version of Outlook does not have an import from Express 6: only Express
4.x and 5.x are mentioned.  If I use it for Express 6, it tells me that the
the right number of messages have been successfully imported but they
haven't.   If I try to import the copied Express 4 messages, it just tries
to load the Express 6 ones again, hardly surprising as it never asks for an
input pathname.

If I try to import into Express 6, it prompts for a pathname and when I type
the pathname where the copied Express 4 email folders are located, it says
there are no email messages there or that there may be another program
trying to access them which I should close (there isn't).

If, on the old PC, I use the export facility in Express 4, it simply says it
is exporting and doesn't tell me at the end what it has done with them.  If
I use 'Find' to search for files created or modified today, I cannot see any
obvious export file.

I cannot load Express 4 on the new PC from my Freeserve disk (as it
recognises that Express 6 is installed already) and I cannot load Express 6
or Outlook on the old PC as it is only Windows 95.

2. How to use dial-up networking from within a program?

3. Conversion from Outlook Express 5.5 to Outlook Express 6

4. WinZIP.. who cares.

5. Tranferring old emails in to outlook express from outlook express!

6. Point to Point connection between 2 WFW standlone Pc

7. Outlook Express wont download pop3 mail on specific PC - Calling Outlook Express experts.

8. Opera and Turnpike

9. Import Outlook Express 5 messages in Outlook Express 6

10. Unable to import outlook express 5.5 to outlook express 6.0

11. How do I import messages from an Outlook Express v5 pst file into Outlook Express v6 ?

12. Outlook Express 6 downloading server messages to outlook express

13. How do I import messages from an Outlook Express v5 pst file into Outlook Express v6 ?