DVD-ROM stopped working on Vaio CD-RW/DVD ROM Drive

DVD-ROM stopped working on Vaio CD-RW/DVD ROM Drive

Post by Jonathan Mande » Mon, 08 Jul 2002 09:25:16

Player no longer recognizes DVDs and therefore can't play them (either
withWin DVD or with Micorsoft Media Player).  Does manages to read/play
software and audio CDs.  Any solutions?

1. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

Since approx. 1 week I have an extremely irritating
problem with my 2 CD-ROM drives and my DVD-ROM drive
(under Windows XP Professional), although I did not
(myself) change anything on my PC HW or SW installation.

My drives suddenly recognize (official as well as own-
written) data CD-ROMs and (official) DVD-ROMs only once
and only after they have first read an official audio-CD.

When I unload and load the drives with the same data CD-
ROM or DVD-ROM (that were perfectly accessible before the
unload), they either do not detect the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
at all, or they recognize them as empty.

When I load an official audio-CD (which is always
correctly recognized and accessible without any problem),
unload it again and replace it with the earlier data CD-
ROM or DVD-ROM, the data CD-ROM is again recognized and
accessible (until the next unload). A DVD-ROM on the
other hand causes my PC to reboot, after which it is also
recognized and accessible (until the next unload).

Can this be due to a recent Windows XP Security update (I
have Windows Update set on automatic) or one or other
security setting in Windows XP that I may accidentally
have set?
Can I undo this?

Michel

2. forgot windows password

3. CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive problems

4. Permission on Program groups on NT3.5.1?

5. CD-Rom / CD-RW / DVD-Rom not reading data on CD's

6. CFHookProc for CFontDialog

7. OT: Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs

8. MPEG viewer for SGI work Station

9. My Drivers(CD-ROM,DVD-ROM,CD-RW) Are not being detected

10. CD/DVD in Combo CD-RW DVD-ROM?

11. CD-RW rom and DVD-rom

12. cd drive f (DVD/CD-ROM) and cd drive e (CD-RW)

13. DvD-ROM and CD-RW drives dont read cd's!