GUI Design Standards

Post by elon_kin » Fri, 10 May 2002 14:44:03

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a Microsoft book or another
book that describes the standards that MS GUIs are
designed to?

Thanks very much,
ek

GUI Design Standards

Post by Pinchbec » Sun, 12 May 2002 12:44:32

Quote:> Hello,

> Can anyone recommend a Microsoft book or another
> book that describes the standards that MS GUIs are
> designed to?

You can buy a book if you want but why not consider a free source.  You look
at the MS Developer Network site.   I have given you a link to an article
that covers XP UI design.  There is also several other guides and links in
the same area that this one is located that cover UI design, books and
articles to read.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?URL=/library/techart/IU...
ines.htm

cheers.

1. MultiMedia GUI Design

                          SILICON GRAPHICS

The Visual Magic Division of Silicon Graphics is currently looking
for Qualified Software Engineers to paticipate in the development
of the Indigo Magic User Environment. You will be responsible for
developing a desktop management system with integrated digital
media tools bringing together audio, video, graphics and text.
Strong interest in multimedia, digital media production and
interactive entertainment would be a plus.

Member Technical Staff

Qualified candidates will have experience in the following:

- having developed and shipped a commercial user interface product
- knowledge of the UNIX/C/C++ development environment
- thorough kowledge and understanding of user interface design issues
- knowledge of competitive desktops and user interfaces
- solid understanding of unix system administration issues
- object oriented programming
- motif

Qualified candidates should apply to:

Tony Atwater
Silicon Graphics
Visual Magic Division

2011 Shoreline Drive
Mountain View, CA. 94043
Mail stop 1L 977

2. test only

3. New GUI design discussion.

4. error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DB_NULLID

5. Q: GUI design for process control

6. You Think It's Yours?

7. GUI design guide

8. Win98 Problem with Screen Saver and Taskbar

9. Guidelines for GUI design

10. Drawing a GUI for specification design

11. New GUI design discussion.

12. XP GUI Standards?

13. Where to find BOOK on GUI Standards / Development