99 gig drive cannot see recovered space

99 gig drive cannot see recovered space

Post by Victo » Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:32:58



I deleted 2 20 gig video files to free up space on my D
drive (NTFS) but now Windows XP/Explorer does not see
that space. Eeerily similar to some problems here. Any
ideas?
 
 
 

99 gig drive cannot see recovered space

Post by George Crupp » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 04:03:11


Try running DEFRAG and see if that brings back the capacity you should be
getting.

 
 
 

99 gig drive cannot see recovered space

Post by Victo » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:09:17


Thanks but tried that using Norton System Works but the
same results - missing space.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Try running DEFRAG and see if that brings back the

capacity you should be
Quote:>getting.

>.

 
 
 

99 gig drive cannot see recovered space

Post by Kama » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:29:25


How about system restore try disabling that.


Quote:> Thanks but tried that using Norton System Works but the
> same results - missing space.

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Try running DEFRAG and see if that brings back the
> capacity you should be
> >getting.

> >.

 
 
 

99 gig drive cannot see recovered space

Post by Yves Lecler » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 06:42:18


How about checking the simplest thing: empty recycle bin?

Y.


> How about system restore try disabling that.



> > Thanks but tried that using Norton System Works but the
> > same results - missing space.

> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >Try running DEFRAG and see if that brings back the
> > capacity you should be
> > >getting.

> > >.

 
 
 

99 gig drive cannot see recovered space

Post by <anonym.. » Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:49:54


I did empty recyle bin. In fact, Windows told me because
the files about to be deleted were too big, they would be
deleted straight out of recycle bin. So they're not there
anymore. I also disabled system restore on both C and D
drives but same reading.

>-----Original Message-----
>How about checking the simplest thing: empty recycle bin?

>Y.



>> How about system restore try disabling that.


in message

>> > Thanks but tried that using Norton System Works but
the
>> > same results - missing space.

>> > >-----Original Message-----
>> > >Try running DEFRAG and see if that brings back the
>> > capacity you should be
>> > >getting.

>> > >.

>.