Unable to install any new program in my account

Unable to install any new program in my account

Post by Ark » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:33:24

    Here is the following situation:
    I have Win XP Home and sole user of the computer.
Original setup set my account,as Owner/Administrator with
full administrative rights. Approximately (3) weeks ago
something changed and since then i am unable to install any
new program in my account, as well as, execute any
executable (*.exe) file.However i still can use any
previously installed program.    After rebutting in Safe
Mode i checked my account status, all OK with all rights
described above. Then i setup another account with full
administrative rights. In this account i had none problems
to install any program or execute (*.exe) file. Then, i
changed forth/back rights in my original account with no
success.
    I urgently need and appreciated any help.
    Thanks to all.