Windows XP issues

Post by kawamur » Fri, 11 Jan 2002 04:15:44

Hi all,

I had a couple of quick questions. I have a Compaq
Presario 1692 notebook, which was previously running
Windows 2000 with no problems. After a clean install of
Windows XP, things for the most part have been great. I
have 2 real problems.

First off, this computer has a DVD drive built into it,
and enabling DMA mode for the IDE controller improves
performance a great deal. The problem is that Windows XP
reports PIO transfer mode, and video playback is very
choppy. I've installed XP about 4 times, and I've gotten
it to correctly (I guess?) report DMA stepping mode 2 (I
think) only once. It always reported DMA in every Windows
since 98 SE. So, my question is, how can I FORCE it to
perform DMA transfers? Also, I have the "DMA when
available" option set, it still reports PIO Mode.

Second question. Whenever I enter standby and attempt to
resume after standby, my internal LCD video doesn't
display. The computer resumes normally, but with no video.
I can hibernate and resume, and it performs normally. And
this question is, does anyone know what the deal is with
this?

These 2 things have been bothering me since I migrated to
Windows XP a few months ago. Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

1. Windows XP Issue

Hi there, i have had Windows XP for quite a while, but
lately is has been running slow and freezing. So i
checked out the task manager, and there are about 100
tasks that are called addinSGN.exe. I'm trying to figure
out where these are coming from, and guessing that is is
some kind of virus. Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks for your time!

2. Connect printer thru 10BaseT?

3. Windows xp issue...or not.......

4. Command Line Calls & Paths in Win95 & NT

5. Windows XP issue

6. Remote Desktop printer redirection

7. A couple of Windows XP Issues

8. Splitting an MDIFrame

9. Windows XP Issue

10. Sony Digital Camera w/ Windows XP Issue -- Please Help!!

11. Uninstall Windows XP Issue

12. Windows XP Issues (Help)

13. A couple of Windows XP Issues