Win 2000 Office Pro Install in Win XP

Post by Ron Mark » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 02:57:39

Has anyone experienced a problem while installing office
2000 in XP. I get an error 1335, cab file corrupt.  Went
to MS site.  They admit it is a problem with no solution.
They gave me 2 workarounds.  Tried both workarounds with
no success.

Workaround 1 - is simply reduce to 256KB RAM or less and
retry.

Workaround 2 - is more complicated.  1) Must copy Win 2000
office to a flatfile, then do a number of things which are
too lengthy to post here.

Does anyone have a solution.?

Win 2000 Office Pro Install in Win XP

Post by Ken Coope » Sun, 21 Apr 2002 09:36:03

I have no solution for you, only a comment. I am running a PII 233MHz w/128
Megs O'Ram and a 4 Gig HD. I installed Office 2K PRO on my XP Home with no
problems. Sorry to hear about yours.

--
Ken Cooper

[Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.]

Quote:> Has anyone experienced a problem while installing office
> 2000 in XP. I get an error 1335, cab file corrupt.  Went
> to MS site.  They admit it is a problem with no solution.
> They gave me 2 workarounds.  Tried both workarounds with
> no success.

> Workaround 1 - is simply reduce to 256KB RAM or less and
> retry.

> Workaround 2 - is more complicated.  1) Must copy Win 2000
> office to a flatfile, then do a number of things which are
> too lengthy to post here.

> Does anyone have a solution.?

1. Installing Office Pro 2000 on Win XP Pro

Is there anything special I need to do to install Office Professional 2000
on Win XP Pro?  I tried once, and other users could not access the Office
program.  I have since reinstalled XP and I am ready to try installing
Office again.  I believe the problem was that I had users with limited
accounts.  I have now put the other users into the Power Users Group.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. Cleaning up after OSR2/95b upgrade from 3.1

3. Win 2000 Pro Client ---> Win XP Pro ICS Host won't route.

4. Need audio editing software - Please Help!

5. Error when installing Office XP or Office 2000 on Win XP

6. I have created two Administrator user accounts with same name!

7. Office 2000 won't Install in Win XP

8. windows92 second edition

9. Error 1919 on Win xp installing Office 2000 Pro

10. Triple booting Win XP Pro with Win Me and Win 2000

11. Upgrade Win 2000 Pro to Win XP Pro

12. WIN XP Pro versus Win 2000 pro

13. Win XP Pro vs Win 2000 Pro