XP Home and proxy

Post by Me » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 06:50:58

Let me guess, because xp Home will not allow domain
access, I will not be able to save any of my proxy info
so I don;t have to type it in eveytime...

A yes or no will do.

If no, explain how.

THX.

XP Home and proxy

Post by Nathan Merce » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 07:39:34

This will work fine, you don't need to join the domain to do this

Quote:> Let me guess, because xp Home will not allow domain
> access, I will not be able to save any of my proxy info
> so I don;t have to type it in eveytime...

> A yes or no will do.

> If no, explain how.

> THX.

XP Home and proxy

Post by Bill Sanderso » Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:12:59

Are you connecting over a vpn or DUN connection, or a LAN?

The answer may be yes (you won't) if you are on a LAN, but Nathan probably
knows more about this than I do.

Quote:> Let me guess, because xp Home will not allow domain
> access, I will not be able to save any of my proxy info
> so I don;t have to type it in eveytime...

> A yes or no will do.

> If no, explain how.

> THX.

1. IE/MS Proxy login behaves differently on Win2K Pro/XP Pro/XP Home

I am having a very hard time trying to get IE 6 to behave the way I want it
to under Windows 2000 Pro. The behavior I'm looking for is that once I have
logged in to a web server through the proxy server, I don't want to have to
log in to the proxy server again, even after I exit IE, reboot, etc.

On my Windows XP Pro system, this appears to be the default behavior if I
check the "Save Password" box the first time I login. However, on Win2K Pro,
I always get the login dialog box the first time I run IE, even if I have
previously checked the "Save Password" box (it does remember the password,
but I still have to click "Ok" to continue).

I also ran a test on a Windows XP Home system, and it doesn't even offer the
option to save the password!

Can anyone explain the different behaviors that I'm seeing, and give me some
hints on how to get the Windows 2000 system to work the same way as my XP
Pro system?

Thanks,
Theo Pozzy
Chief Technology Officer
Kietra Corp.

2. Freezing

3. Proxy Proxy win95 Proxy trubbles?

4. Compressed RTF (RTC) to Challenge PDF on the WWW

5. Proxy problems in XP Home Edition...Please Help!

6. LTP port : communication

7. proxy server on XP Home

8. down loading

9. XP Home to NT with proxy client

10. WINSOCK PROXY CLIENT INSTALLED ON XP HOME EDITION

11. MS Winsock Proxy Client and MS Windows XP Home

12. XP proxy client through Proxy server 2.0

13. Win9x/Me => XP Home OR XP Home => light version of XP pro?