Windows Explorer Error [including long error log]

Windows Explorer Error [including long error log]

Post by waltoni » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 03:38:15

Start the operating system from the CD-ROM,

When the computer starts from the CD, the system checks your hardware

and then prompts you to select one of the following options:

To set up Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press ENTER.

Press F8 to accept the Licensing Agreement.

A box lists your current Windows XP installation, and then the system

prompts you to select one of the following options:

To repair the selected Windows XP installation, press R.

To continue installing a fresh copy of Windows XP without repairing, press
ESC.

Press R to start the automatic repair process.

[original post snipped for bandwidth considerations]

Hi Mark - I did 'try' to use the repair facility, however, it simply
returned me to a DOS like command prompt...

I downloaded a diagnostic tool for my operating system drive from the Maxtor
website [www.maxtor.com], and via that discovered some bad sectors on the
drive... they've now been repaired and everything [seems] to be working
fine. Touch wood.

thanks for your help

Adam

1. "IE55 sp2 Setup Log" no error, only "RunOnceEx Log" three errors

Hi all ,

I met following problem in IE55 , which was put on Microsoft newsgroup for several days .
I did not get answer till now.  so I put on here again .

System : NT4.0 Server Sp6a IE5.5 SP2
firstly I got a error to "Open in new window" , then I updated to SP2 in  typical option , I ever reinstall once . All tells me that install has no problem ,but setup after install restart always gives three warning  while processing " asctrls.ocx" "dxtrans.dll", shom.ocx" , but It can continue to finish to end with error logs as followings .

====
File:G:\WINNT\System32\asctrls.ocx; Function:DllRegisterServer; Args:; Action:DllRegisterServer()
An error occurred calling DllRegisterServer in G:\WINNT\System32\asctrls.ocx.  (HRESULT = 80004005)
An error has occurred while setting up "G:\WINNT\System32\asctrls.ocx". This error has been logged, the installation will continue
====
File:G:\WINNT\System32\dxtrans.dll; Function:DllRegisterServer; Args:; Action:DllRegisterServer()
An error occurred calling DllRegisterServer in G:\WINNT\System32\dxtrans.dll.  (HRESULT = 80004002)
An error has occurred while setting up "G:\WINNT\System32\dxtrans.dll". This error has been logged, the installation will continue
====
File:G:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx; Function:DllRegisterServer; Args:; Action:DllRegisterServer()
An error occurred calling DllRegisterServer in G:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx.  (HRESULT = 80040201)
An error has occurred while setting up "G:\WINNT\System32\wshom.ocx". This error has been logged, the installation will continue

I don't know what these HRESULT codes exactly mean , Is there possibility to finish these manually or something ?
I never found similar solution on support.microsoft.com.

thanks in advance

2. Nvidia Drivers & XP

3. Hanging computer - Error logs included

4. >> Expert help please? HD is always loading!

5. Error: Explorer has caused an error in GDI.exe + a few fault errors

6. crash city! laptop windows xp

7. Internext Explorer Error Messages Info Included Need Help or Suggestions Please

8. NT 4.0 and AWE32

9. ERROR Message: Explorer has caused a error in <unkown>, Explorer will mow close.

10. question: event log error and media service fatal error

11. Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

12. COM+ error in system error log

13. recurring errors in error log . . . what do they mean?