Windows XP home problems , runtime error and file missing error

Windows XP home problems , runtime error and file missing error

Post by Todd K » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 09:16:48

Hello,

             I need help. I tried to do a system restore
to remove the two problems below and did various virus
scans but nothing has worked.  My system restore no
longer works on various dates for some new reason now.
Hopefully someone can help me with atleast one of these
problems. Thank you!!

Problem 1:

Upon opening Windows XP home this an error message opens
up showing this;

C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd32.exe

X   Windows cannont find 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe'.
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try
again.  To search for a file, click the start button, and
then click search.

                                                   ok

I click ok and it goes away.

Problem 2:

 When on Internet Explorer version 6 I sometimes get a
runtime error that causes me to have to click ok and it
closes out Explorer.  Here is what it says;

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

X  Runtime Error!

    Program:  C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe

    R6025
    - pure virtual function call

                            ok

I tried running various virus protection programs, the
trial offer ones and it found a ton of viruses the first
time I did this  "Trojan horses" Dialers, worm, etc.
However, this did not solve these two problems but I
believe viruses are causing these problems. Actually, I'm
not sure. I just need help!

Thanks,
Todd

Windows XP home problems , runtime error and file missing error

Post by Doug Knox MS-MV » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 14:32:09

This is not a Windows file.  The command to run it is a left over remnant
from a virus.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.c.w...

For an automated cleanup utility, see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Clean
KWBot.Worm Registry Entries.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

Quote:> Hello,